FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

I'd play either way, but I'd lean towards H2H over Roto. You still have a chance in H2H, when we've had Roto leagues where the winner was basically figured out with several weeks left in the season. I enjoy Roto more, and I think with money on the line, there would be a lot more participation thru out the season. I like Sllims idea if roto can be reset for the playoffs, but IDK if that's doable in the league. 

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Also, are there rules about the spirit of the game.  Like no benching people at the end of the year to tank for a higher pick?

Yes, there are a min of 18 active players, if you don't adhere to that then you''re transactions are locked till you fix the problem

I've looked and see if I could make it where it's Roto all year but add a playoffs H2H and don't seem to find it. Unless we make it during the regular season we end up just playing everyone each week and get our records vs every team, but IMO that would be too complicated to keep up and would rather just standard H2H. 

Also, i say 8 playoff teams. That way 4 division winners get the top 4 seeds then 4 wildcard teams. With reseeding after each round (like NHL and NFL). Regular season ends on Sun. Sept 1st. Playoffs start with 3 periods. 1 week for 1st round, 1 week for Semis and 2 weeks for Championship game. 

Thoughts? Comments?

Which would put 8 teams out of the playoffs, so we could put those 8 into a draft lottery to determinate the top 8 pick order (with playoff teams picking in order of finish 9-16). Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I've looked and see if I could make it where it's Roto all year but add a playoffs H2H and don't seem to find it. Unless we make it during the regular season we end up just playing everyone each week and get our records vs every team, but IMO that would be too complicated to keep up and would rather just standard H2H. 

Not sure if the point was missed or if possible, but I was suggesting a roto style playoff still.  Just for the final month of the season.  There would be a bonus point system for regular season standing to give an advantage for a good year but would still keep more people involved throughout the year and give everyone a chance even if they have a slow start. 

Just now, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Also, i say 8 playoff teams. That way 4 division winners get the top 4 seeds then 4 wildcard teams. With reseeding after each round (like NHL and NFL). Regular season ends on Sun. Sept 1st. Playoffs start with 3 periods. 1 week for 1st round, 1 week for Semis and 2 weeks for Championship game. 

Thoughts? Comments?

Which would put 8 teams out of the playoffs, so we could put those 8 into a draft lottery to determinate the top 8 pick order (with playoff teams picking in order of finish 9-16). Thoughts?

I would be good with that too.

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Not sure if the point was missed or if possible, but I was suggesting a roto style playoff still.  Just for the final month of the season.  There would be a bonus point system for regular season standing to give an advantage for a good year but would still keep more people involved throughout the year and give everyone a chance even if they have a slow start. 

I think 2 ways to reward good seasons, only do 6 playoffs teams and the top 2 get byes. Or do 8 and the 1v8 and 2v7 matchups should favor the top teams, but create that excitement for upsets. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd also want to put as much as we can on Fantrax instead of doing things via thread or manually IMO.

4 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

Id rather not up the buy in. My wife would hate me 😂. Also I vote for unlimited DL spots and locked pickups on injured players.

Unlimited DL is interesting. I don't mind it as we'd lock being able to pick up injured players, but up to the everyone agreeing, or being agreeable. 

7 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

Id rather not up the buy in. My wife would hate me 😂. Also I vote for unlimited DL spots and locked pickups on injured players.

So basically you can do $20 but prefer $10. Which is fine. What does the rest of the league think? $10 or $20 buy-in. Which affects payouts at end of the year. 

Also with looking like H2H we could make it where Division winners get a cut of the prize pool, along with prize for championship and for runner up.  That would another reward for teams having a good regular season @Sllim Pickens

I could see this kind of payout with $10 buy-in. ($160 pool) $10 to 4 division winners ($40), Champion gets $80 and 2nd gets $40.  Nothing for anyone else. Thoughts? 

So rewards winning your division in regular season by giving your buy-in back, and rewards and makes playoffs mean something too.

I know I'm asking a lot to get these rules and league setup ironed out but want to do it with us 8 members then the other 8 will just join it or pass on the league we as a 8 OG members create.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS