FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

4 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

1. Sure, I'd be open to bigger minor league roster. 5 was just a placeholder. As with 20 teams it would be around top 100 prospects on rosters.

2.  There some complaints in Elite that just saves weren't enough and wasn't enough to go around. I I figured in a proposed deeper league we'd just go ahead and make more RP viabale. I'm in full agreement with you, but if we go 20 teams or even 15. That leaves a median of 2 closers for each team, and there aren't 30 true closers, so the RP market gets really thin.

3. I'm open to using FAB, but don't see a big point to it in this proposed league as even in Elite FA pool is bare and with more teams and with prospects on their own roster. So adding FAB is just a a hinderace more than making FA a competitive process, but open to it. Just don't see the viabality.

2. I dont mind holds, just hate them combined.

Just now, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

It would have to be Fantrax. ESPN just doesn't have the system to support this league.  You'll get used to it and come to really enjoy it. ESPN's is so outdated, it's just familiar. 

Fair enough. 

Ill be down for this league tho as long as we dont go super crazy on rules and adjust things. I like how we do things in elite. I do like having a couple minor league spots tho

Just now, Herbie_Hancock said:

Fair enough. 

Ill be down for this league tho as long as we dont go super crazy on rules and adjust things. I like how we do things in elite. I do like having a couple minor league spots tho

Nah, I'm modeling it very similar with Elite just with the MiLB Roster that is always kept and MLB 20 keepers. Making it more of a dynasty league than keeper league. Other than that it's gonna be very similar rule wise. Even some more relaxed rules on draft pick trading due to Fantrax taking care of that for us and not having to use this thread for in-season draft pick deals.

So I know I can get more members via recruiting outside of FF. With tentatively @Dingo18287 @beekay414 @Herbie_Hancock @zelbell @BillsGuy82 @crab1106 (if Elite reboot), and myself as "OG" owners if this is a reboot of Elite. So that's 7. I'm pretty sure @Sllim Pickens could come along which makes 8, and @crab1106 you can let me know on SAX, but 7 are tentatively confirmed, with 8 (sllim), possibly 9 with SAX, and haven't heard from @biggio7 yet, and I'm sure he'll be more than a Astros team with $$ on the line, but we'll see. Losing PB & MSR for sure. 

@crab1106 brought up adding more MiLB players to the MiLB team rosters. What's that number look like? AND my next question for EVERYONE and more importantly @Herbie_Hancock is I know I can get 11-13 more if need be via off-site recruiting and possible FF member interest from other members as we move into 2019. 20 teams or a lesser number? Or make 14 the minimum with a max of 20 depending on interest? Does that affect the amount of MLB Keepers? MiLB Roster size? The more teams means deeper the league so maybe less MLB keepers will still give that Dynasty feel but keep the draft somewhat more than MLB backups and new prospects. 

EDIT Also Crab discussed not liking S/HLD's as a combined stat, I think it's fine but what do the rest of you think? 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

I'd like to iron out the math on some of these things like "Max Owners? 20?" "MiLB Roster Size (7? 10?) MLB Keepers 15? 20?

Now something to realize that with a always-kept MiLB roster then that means prospects still in minors won't count against your MLB keeper total so that means more veterans get kept so I'm taking ideas on MLB keeper number.

Also for the initial draft we can do both a regular MLB draft then a separate MiLB (prospect) draft with seperate random draws, of course the intial drafts will be snake but starting with the year 2 draft (everyone MLB and MiLB included) would be Fixed (Worst team first 1st pick each round), instead of snake (was a change Elite owners wanted for Elite and Fantrax supports it, unlike ESPN).  Also with possibly 15-20 teams, we can do a "slow" live MLB draft on Fantrax where it isn't a must to get all 15-20 people on at once for 2-3 hours.  MiLB can be handled on FF. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

BTW Go ahead and join the possibly new league and you can unjoin later if you wish not to be apart of it but go ahead and join and get used to the site. 

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/joinLeague.go?leagueId=cp2bsuycjp69c90h&isSubmit=y

OR do we want just a full fledged dynasty league and keep everyone? Which makes the draft each year for new prospects and international signees?

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS