FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

Also what kind of conditions to make a player ineligible for a MiLB roster spot? Just simple as they are in the minors to be eligible ? Or make it where they have to play in a certain number of MLB games to make them ineligible?  Like for hitters once they play 10 MLB games they have to be taken off of the MiLB roster? With 3 for pitchers? Fantax can police this

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

With so many teams, you have to do SV+H 

I'm interested, and agree with this. 

I'd be good at either amount.

Similar to the ELITE league, are there limits to draft pick trades?  Or trades in general?  I tend to lean more towards leagues where I can tweak the team I drafted using trades, not cycle through my entire team five times in a season.

31 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm interested, and agree with this. 

I'd be good at either amount.

Similar to the ELITE league, are there limits to draft pick trades?  Or trades in general?  I tend to lean more towards leagues where I can tweak the team I drafted using trades, not cycle through my entire team five times in a season.

Since Fantrax handles pick trades. And with the deeper nature of the league I say no limit on transactions. 

Since after year 1 draft picks go in a fixed order where the worst team gets #1 pick each round, and it's useful as with the minor league system you'd want to get your hands on the top new prospects.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

12 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

15 teams. 15 keepers. Prospects wont count towards keepers, can have 7. 

I'd propose 10 minor league spots. But I'm okay with 15-15.

Also, tweak the starting roster to get rid of the "INF" position, and one UTIL spot while making it 5 OF. That's a more standard approach while creating a challenge for GMs to not get long jammed with 3-4 SS for example. Where in Elite we made it where lineups were really flexible with 2 util and 1 full INF spot

So roster will look like this
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP
P
P
P

So even 20 starters with 5 man bench. 25 active players with 10 MiLB players. Now, that's lets bench spots that elite but we also have a deeper pool and prospects aren't taking up MLB roster spots. 

Anyone else disagree? @Dingo18287 @crab1106 @Herbie_Hancock @BillsGuy82 @beekay414

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I'd propose 10 minor league spots. But I'm okay with 15-15.

Also, tweak the starting roster to get rid of the "INF" position, and one UTIL spot while making it 5 OF. That's a more standard approach while creating a challenge for GMs to not get long jammed with 3-4 SS for example. Where in Elite we made it where lineups were really flexible with 2 util and 1 full INF spot

So roster will look like this
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP
P
P
P

So even 20 starters with 5 man bench. 25 active players with 10 MiLB players. Now, that's lets bench spots that elite but we also have a deeper pool and prospects aren't taking up MLB roster spots. 

Anyone else disagree? @Dingo18287 @crab1106 @Herbie_Hancock @BillsGuy82 @beekay414

This looks good. 

11 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Prospects lose prospect eligibility after 5 games imo

The standard is if they are in the minors then they are eligible, but sure we can discuss here. Very rarely would a top prospect be called up then put back in minors. Austin Meadows is probably the best recent example of being demoted after a lot of games when he was traded. I don't have a preference. So technically since Meadows was in the minors at the end of the year then he could be "demoted" back to minors and not count against 15 MLB keepers. I'd be okay with things like that but want to hear from the rest of you. 

Also, the league will be "Dynasty" and each year, each owner will have to cut down to 15 MLB players. This is a better way since MiLB rosters don't count towards keeper number but need to be "kept" by the system. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

Also, something to be discussed by us "OG" members is prize payout. If we agree on $20 then that means a $300 pool. So 2 ways to pay-out.

MUST PAYOUT
1st
2nd
3rd 

Option 1
1st ($200)
2nd ($75)
3rd ($25)

Option 1 rewards finishing in the top 3, but 1st gets the majority of the pool. 

Option 2
1st ($130)
2nd ($70)
3rd ($50)
4th ($30)
5th ($20)

Option 2 gives the top 3rd of the league winnings, which could increase full season activity to make the "money" (5th), while champion still gives a decent chunk of change. 

I more opt for Option 2. Where it gives incentive for teams to at least make 5th and could keep more people engaged. 

Sent us 8 "OG" members the link to the Fantrax site for you to join and get a feel of the new site before we get going. Also no mobile app but you can go to the site on Chrome or Safari and "add it to home screen" then it becomes an app on your phone. From what I've used, it seems better than ESPN's dedicated app. 

Also, another order of business is IMO we will do a "LIVE SLOW DRAFT" on Fantrax. Meaning like a slow draft on here, we could go really fast (if people are online) but doesn't make us have to get all 15 owners online at one time to draft. 

We will have a 2nd draft for MiLB players AS SOON AS THE MLB DRAFT IS DONE. With a different random order for the MiLB draft.

34 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

The standard is if they are in the minors then they are eligible, but sure we can discuss here. Very rarely would a top prospect be called up then put back in minors. Austin Meadows is probably the best recent example of being demoted after a lot of games when he was traded. I don't have a preference. So technically since Meadows was in the minors at the end of the year then he could be "demoted" back to minors and not count against 15 MLB keepers. I'd be okay with things like that but want to hear from the rest of you. 

Also, the league will be "Dynasty" and each year, each owner will have to cut down to 15 MLB players. This is a better way since MiLB rosters don't count towards keeper number but need to be "kept" by the system. 

I think it should be where they are.  I think September call-ups shouldn't make a player go from prospect to MLB keeper.  If there is someone that at that point looks likely to start the next year in the majors than it can be discussed but I don't have interest in tracking games played, especially for Sept call-ups.