Week 13: Chicago Bears @ New York Giants

Acgott

4 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I don't think so. The difference between picks 5 and 10 isn't as valuable as the difference between winning say, 6 of our last 8 games vs losing out IMO. The players having confidence in themselves and the system is invaluable. That increases with each win and decreases with each loss. You can see a massive difference in the offense in the last month compared to all the other games this season and last season. This team is starting to build confidence and an identity. Necessary ingredients for being a contender - and impossible to build while losing. Adding an OL, pass rusher, and CB would vastly improve this team - and those are pieces we can very reasonably add in the 5-10 range. 

Of course, we all want to start grooming the new franchise QB, but it doesn't even look like there is one in this upcoming draft. Time will tell on that front. But I'm not completely against starting Eli for another season. He has made some head scratching mistake this season (let's be real, and every season), but he has actually played pretty well overall and showed he can still be an effective QB. Especially if we win 3 of our next 4 games then it will prove that this team can still win with Eli. If this team can win 3 of it's next 4 games, then that will prove they can still win with Eli. 

People want a new franchise QB...this would've been the best year (IE worst team) we're likely to have in a few years...so yea.  Unless someone falls or we out-scout other teams (we usually don't) then...yea.  We won't be getting one. 

I just watched this game for the first time today and have to say that it was REALLY an entertaining game.  There was some brutal quarterbacking on both sides, but the running game and defense of both teams gave the game kind of an old school feel.  I have to say, I was quite surprised by how good the Giants defense looked, and Saquon Barkley was the real deal - definitely worth the pick used on him.  The only bad thing for the G-men was that realization that Eli is definitely done.  He has had a good career, but it sure looks like it's time for him to hang up the cleats.  

Anyway, just get yourselves a QB and you should be looking pretty good next year.  I know that's a lot easier said than done, but you never know. 

Good luck!

Archived