Interest in an MLB Redraft?

naptownskinsfan

***Note, this is not a fantasy league, or in any competition with the 30 or 20 man fantasy leagues being advertised here.  

In the past, on forums I've posted on, we've done an MLB redraft during the off-season to help pass the time.  Basically, participants are the GM of their team, we set up a snake draft and everyone "redrafts" the league.  It's done with a salary cap, and using player salary.  I noticed on the archived board that we may have done this in the past- someone did an All-Time Redraft.  

After drafting teams, people rank teams worst to first, and then playoff seeding is determined from that.  Forum members then vote on who would win the World Series in polls for each matchup.  It is also something we could revisit at different points throughout the year to see what changes.  

If I get enough interest- 10 participants could allow us to do a "AL" or "NL" only redraft- I will write up a rough draft of rules.  If you have any questions on this, please feel free to ask.  I can answer questions based on past redrafts I've done. 

Interest list: 

1.) naptownskinsfan

2.) crab1106

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

These things always die. I'd love to do one but I can't trust it.

I haven't been in one where every team has finished for some time, but I'm in it as commissioner, so it will be seen through.  And if we have to do something small scale with active people instead of something big, I'm OK with that too. IMO, half of it has to do with an active commissioner and 1-2 supports for them, and half is having active owners, so I understand not trusting it since you've done it here before. 

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I haven't been in one where every team has finished for some time, but I'm in it as commissioner, so it will be seen through.  And if we have to do something small scale with active people instead of something big, I'm OK with that too. IMO, half of it has to do with an active commissioner and 1-2 supports for them, and half is having active owners, so I understand not trusting it since you've done it here before. 

Yeah, I just don't see it being active and, pardon me here, but it also needs a bonafide runner. 

Archived