GDT Week 13: Baltimore Ravens vs Atlanta Falcons

DreamKid

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I think we have sufficient evidence to form a conclusion now.

I don't think there should have been any question that the new found running success was, in large part, due to Lamar.  There's plenty of evidence that a QB capable of running the ball well improves the rest of the running game

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Me on every single Lamar run when he makes one additional cut after he should slide: "OMFG GET DOWWWWWWWN!"

We need to get him some time with a baseball coach to teach him to slide properly.  Those last 2 half slides are an injury waiting to happen

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

That slowed down when they began to play him like Flacco. It’s one thing that we’ve been wondering about to this point and I think we have sufficient evidence to form a conclusion now.

I don't think the running game is humming today like it had been in previous games. Lamar has an effect for sure, but I just think Gus Edwards is a better fit for our current line. Against the Titans, a much better defense, Gus ran well with Flacco under center. That's with the Titans knowing we were trying to clock em with the score being what it was too. 

The Falcons' D deserves some credit.

Just now, drd23 said:

I don't think there should have been any question that the new found running success was, in large part, due to Lamar.  There's plenty of evidence that a QB capable of running the ball well improves the rest of the running game

Oh, no doubt.

I just know it’s a talking point and until there is visual evidence of an occurrence some will hold true to specific beliefs.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Me on every single Lamar run when he makes one additional cut after he should slide: "OMFG GET DOWWWWWWWN!"

I’d be more concerned if he weren’t more durable in college. I also like how he does a dive slide to accumulate extra yards, I never liked the baseball slide. If you run as much as Lamar that has the potential to cause more injuries. His dive slide, not as much.

Archived