GDT: Chiefs @ Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The fact he's now gone 7 full games without an interception with such a poor supporting cast for many (all?) of the games is actually really impressive.

I know he hates a pass over 10 yards, but that's still a good sign that he's protecting the ball so well. I thought he was pretty good today.

There were a few nice throws too. We're low key coddling him with this praise, but as I said before: its a step in the right direction. I'll take it

As long as we compete like this I'm happy. I do want us to get the first overall pick and get Bosa, but I also want our team to play hard and not embarrass all of us. Today was a fun game to watch. Carr made some pretty throws. Run game looked nice aside from the fumbles. I know KC's defense isn't that great but it was still nice to see that we can compete with a top team. Why can't we play games like this every week? I don't expect us to win, just execute the best we can and compete.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:
8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr was very good today, too. I have hated on him alot, but I have little doubt if he had got the ball back he would've drove and won the game against their pathetic defense. 

The fact he's now gone 7 full games without an interception with such a poor supporting cast for many (all?) of the games is actually really impressive.

I know he hates a pass over 10 yards, but that's still a good sign that he's protecting the ball so well. I thought he was pretty good today.

It was a great thing to see both QBs at work yesterday. There's been a nauseating amount of hyperbole surrounding Mahomes this year, that's not to say he isn't good, he is turning into a very good QB, however, given their respective protection, time to throw and tools to work with I actually thought Carr was the better QB..........given the circumstances. I think talk of ditching him is foolhardy until we know we have a better option, I definitely wouldn't get rid of him in the expectation of drafting a big question mark. I'm probably in the minority here though :D

Carr is slowly developing IMO. His pocket presence is getting better IMO, he takes care of the football and finally he seems to find rythm again here and there. Signs of life IMO. Maybe I just want to see it badly :)

With a new OL coach and better OL performance and after a hole offseason with Gruden, he might get back to top 10 level...

28 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Carr is slowly developing IMO. His pocket presence is getting better IMO, he takes care of the football and finally he seems to find rythm again here and there. Signs of life IMO. Maybe I just want to see it badly :)

With a new OL coach and better OL performance and after a hole offseason with Gruden, he might get back to top 10 level...

Better OL play is a must, not sure we're going to get a new OL coach though sadly -_-

The early few games were brutal where he was tossing interceptions for fun and just looked a little lost but I feel he's getting used to working with all the changes and in the new system. It's not the most exciting but we are very limited i guess by having the rookies on OL, multiple changes at receiver and in the backfield and inexperienced players out there probably struggling with the routes and timing. IF Carr - and it is by no means a certainty - can pull through these very tough times and retain some confidence he could be a much better QB overall because of it moving forward.

It looks like the players are settling into Gruden's system. Carr looks more comfortable and is seeing the field well. They seemed to be having more fun out there lately. Ironically around the same time Irvin was let go. Games like today give you hope that it's coming together little by little.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It looks like the players are settling into Gruden's system. Carr looks more comfortable and is seeing the field well. They seemed to be having more fun out there lately. Ironically around the same time Irvin was let go. Games like today give you hope that it's coming together little by little.

It's difficult at times to see the light at the end of the tunnel and especially as we both seem to have similar reservations about Gruden's ability to put this all back together, but the team as of late has been playing harder and more cohesively. I do respect the fact that Gruden apparently wants players here who want to be here. I just can't ignore the feeling constantly in the back of my mind over what we could be doing with a Khalil Mack helping our young defensive players along, it's going to take a long, long time to overcome that sadly.

I wasn’t overly impressed with Patrick Mahone, this easily could’ve been a 3 INT game.

He seem to get easily rattled by the Raiders  pass rusher (which is a joke) and then throw a jump ball or throw it as far as possible.

He did have some nice plays but again this is the Raiders defense we’re talking about. 

I see another loss in the first round of the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I wasn’t overly impressed with Patrick Mahone, this easily could’ve been a 3 INT game.

He seem to get easily rattled by the Raiders  pass rusher (which is a joke) and then throw a jump ball or throw it as far as possible.

I thought that was actually their game plan - just keep chucking it for miles, hoping that more big plays come from it than takeaways. It worked... just.

Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of the Chiefs this season, but based on the Pats, Rams and now Raiders games, their defense looks a mess. Can’t see them going all the way this year.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I know there was a lot of grumbling early on about the coaches playing vets and then some of the vets being let go, retiring, etc.  I think a lot of those guys just couldn't handle being a part of a rebuild and like a lot of the fans had expectations of this season being way more than it is.  It speaks volumes to how these young guys(and vets who are true pros) have shown up and the results that come from that.

I know the best teacher is experience,  but my god do we really have no other suitable options over Brandon Parker? He's Kwame Harris bad right now and I don't completely 100% blame him. He's a small school kid, making not only the jump to the NFL but also learning how to play RT. I guess we dont have any other suitable options?

So I guess struggles are to be expected but sheesh hes going to get Carr killed.

42 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I know the best teacher is experience,  but my god do we really have no other suitable options over Brandon Parker? He's Kwame Harris bad right now and I don't completely 100% blame him. He's a small school kid, making not only the jump to the NFL but also learning how to play RT. I guess we dont have any other suitable options?

So I guess struggles are to be expected but sheesh hes going to get Carr killed.

You’re right he can’t pass block for **** but looks so athletic moving on running plays. I can understand why the coaches are trying to  develop him fast.

Archived