I like the Bears v Rams....

ibt734

The Rams are a far more polished and experienced "good team".

The Bears defense needs to play lights out for an entire game. They "no showed" the 2nd half of the Giants game. A no show for even a couple of series against the Rams will have the Bears losing the game.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can stop Gurley and still get destroyed. We have a top 5 passing attack and a top 5 rushing attack.

Most of us know that.

This is going to be a game where I think we see the difference between a team learning to play in these big games where mistakes are critical [Bears] and a team that has played in these games and is a little sharper in those details [Rams].

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can stop Gurley and still get destroyed. We have a top 5 passing attack and a top 5 rushing attack.

Absolutely, but I think you're underestimating the home field factor the Bears will have in this one.  Rams are going to be at a disadvantage having to travel all the way back to the midwest from LA for the second straight week.  I'm sensing (hoping) it could be a big let down game for you guys.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Most of us know that.

This is going to be a game where I think we see the difference between a team learning to play in these big games where mistakes are critical [Bears] and a team that has played in these games and is a little sharper in those details [Rams].

You have a DL that could win you the game. I'm not overlooking the Bears. I'm just tired of people not giving Goff the respect he deserves. He had a bad game against Detroit, but prior to that, he had five straight games with a passer rating of 111.0 or better.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Absolutely, but I think you're underestimating the home field factor the Bears will have in this one.  Rams are going to be at a disadvantage having to travel all the way back to the midwest from LA for the second straight week.  I'm sensing (hoping) it could be a big let down game for you guys.

We could lose. The Bears are a good team at home. But we're 11-2 on the road under McVay. Our only losses have come to the 13-3 Vikings and the 10-2 Saints. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You have a DL that could win you the game. I'm not overlooking the Bears. I'm just tired of people not giving Goff the respect he deserves. He had a bad game against Detroit, but prior to that, he had five straight games with a passer rating of 111.0 or better.

We could lose. The Bears are a good team at home. But we're 11-2 on the road under McVay. Our only losses have come to the 13-3 Vikings and the 10-2 Saints. 

I'll tell you that no Bears fans have been disrespecting Goff around here.  In fact most of us are scared shi*less about this game.  Just saying I've seen this scenario play out too many times before for me to count my Bears out.  Strictly speaking non-talent vs talent wise, they will have a few things going for them in this game as far as advantages go.  i.e. road team travel, colder weather, hunger after a tough loss, home crowd, etc.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You have the better team this season, I don't think there is much arguing that.  Doesn't mean you can't lose my dude.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Most of us do not disrespect Goff.

We actually use him as the bench mark for Trubisky's development as they have such a similar NFL experience.

I do not think we have the consistency to beat the Rams. As a team the Bears still make a couple of critical errors a game and most of the time other teams do not have the talent to hurt us even when we make them.

In the Giants game we made a comedy of errors, many of which were Chase Daniel looking lost, but even the defense made 4 huge mistakes and all cost us points.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

You have the better team this season, I don't think there is much arguing that.  Doesn't mean you can't lose my dude.

I just said we could lose. ;)

36 minutes ago, G08 said:

What weaknesses would you say Jared Goff has?

Inconsistent thrower on the run. Not much of a scrambler. Fumbles the ball more than I'd like. Like any pocket passer, he's vulnerable to pressure.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Inconsistent thrower on the run. Not much of a scrambler. Fumbles the ball more than I'd like. Like any pocket passer, he's vulnerable to pressure.

Then that's the reason why a fan above cited stopping Gurley as the key. If Gurley has 13 carries for 40 yards, it's going to be hard for Goff to drop back 50 times on the road in the cold against Floyd, Hicks and Mack especially since he is an "inconsistent thrower on the run, not much of a scrambler and fumbles the ball more than you would like."

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

So we've got to shut down the run, force ya'll to pass and then get home with the pass rush.

Piece of cake :ph34r:

Archived