I like the Bears v Rams....

ibt734

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's also top 5 in just about every major passing category. He burned the Chargers and Vikings, who are both top 10 in total defense, for 819 yards, 8 TDs to 1 Int, a 79.7% completion percentage, 11.9 YPA, and a 148.7 passer rating over a two-week period. The Chiefs sacked him five times (they do have Dee Ford, Chris Jones, and Justin Houston), and Gurley only had 55 yards rushing. Goff still threw for 400+ yards, 4 TDs, and a passer rating of 117.1. If you make stopping Gurley your goal, Goff and our weapons can shred your defense. The guy's play is on par with any QB not named Mahomes or Brees this year.

I think that stopping the run is always a priority for the Bears and they have been exceptionally good at it. It isn't that they devote resources to it, more that the front 7 has a bunch of elite run defenders. The Bears have stopped the run pretty much every week and rarely come out of nickle to do so.

I think the hope is that a combination of the weather, crappy turf, and pass rush is what slows down Goff. Fangio disguises a ton of coverages and has a ton of guys back in the coverage, as we rarely blitz.

But I still think they will key on Gurley, as the Rams run more play action than anyone in the league. If the LBs do not have to respect the run that will hurt the Rams passing attack.

That being said I think the Bears are a year behind the Rams in their development and will make more of the critical mistakes than the Rams will. Whether that is turnovers, blown coverages, or really bad penalties.

This will be interesting.

Clearly the Rams are the best offense the Bears have played.

The Bears defense is the best that the Rams have faced. I know some people will say Minnesota, but the Bears are clearly better than the Vikings.

If that means it comes down to the Rams defense vs the Bears offense, I will pick the Rams right now.

This will be like any other NFL game. It will be close and who ever turns the ball over the least will win. I think the odds of turnovers are in the Bears favor after the careless game they just lost to the Giants. I do not think that we only have to stop Gurley. We need to be aggressive and play Bears defense and we will win provided we turn the ball over less than they do. It is going to be a close game.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He's also top 5 in just about every major passing category. He burned the Chargers and Vikings, who are both top 10 in total defense, for 819 yards, 8 TDs to 1 Int, a 79.7% completion percentage, 11.9 YPA, and a 148.7 passer rating over a two-week period. The Chiefs sacked him five times (they do have Dee Ford, Chris Jones, and Justin Houston), and Gurley only had 55 yards rushing. Goff still threw for 400+ yards, 4 TDs, and a passer rating of 117.1. If you make stopping Gurley your goal, Goff and our weapons can shred your defense. The guy's play is on par with any QB not named Mahomes or Brees this year.

If you think the Chiefs defense is in the same arena as the Bears defense, you're a dope.

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If you think the top 5 QB can't burn your arse if you slow down Gurley, you're a dope.

Calm down dude, everyone here is giving rational takes and you're trying to stir the pot for no reason. I don't think anyone here is hating on Goff and you keep bringing him up like we're roasting him.

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Calm down dude, everyone here is giving rational takes and you're trying to stir the pot for no reason. I don't think anyone here is hating on Goff and you keep bringing him up like we're roasting him.

I literally mirrored his post to make a point (that it was a straw man). The vast majority have given rational takes. There's one take that's a pet peeve for me. It's the "contain Gurley and make Goff beat us" take. That's what I pushed back against because Goff is being treated like he's on par with Alex Smith or Andy Dalton, not Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers. Y'all would have every right to push back if I treated Trubisky like he's Case Keenum.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I literally mirrored his post to make a point (that it was a straw man). The vast majority have given rational takes. There's one take that's a pet peeve for me. It's the "contain Gurley and make Goff beat us" take. That's what I pushed back against because Goff is being treated like he's on par with Alex Smith or Andy Dalton, not Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers. Y'all would have every right to push back if I treated Trubisky like he's Case Keenum.

But why are you so obsessed with Goff? Are you a relative of his? No one is saying “stop Gurley because Goff sucks.” They’re saying that because Gurley is a far superior player and most good defenses are even greater when they can make an opposing offense one dimensional. Your comeback to that is more and more irrelevant Goff stats. We know he’s good. Are you happy now? Will you sleep well tonight?

The Chiefs defense stinks. Goff torched them despite getting no help from Gurley. The Bears defense does not stink. I have a feeling that what we’re saying as a fan base is that we’ll take our chances with Goff dropping back 50 times in 25 degrees on an awful playing surface.

53 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Lol no the Rams “fans” fill 77% of Coliseum for home games which is 31st in the NFL

The Rams purposefully only sell a percentage of the seats because the Coliseum is massive, and it makes the experience better for the fans. The Rams are currently averaging over 10,000 more fans per home game than the Bears.

56 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

But why are you so obsessed with Goff? Are you a relative of his? No one is saying “stop Gurley because Goff sucks.” They’re saying that because Gurley is a far superior player and most good defenses are even greater when they can make an opposing offense one dimensional. Your comeback to that is more and more irrelevant Goff stats. We know he’s good. Are you happy now? Will you sleep well tonight?

The Chiefs defense stinks. Goff torched them despite getting no help from Gurley. The Bears defense does not stink. I have a feeling that what we’re saying as a fan base is that we’ll take our chances with Goff dropping back 50 times in 25 degrees on an awful playing surface.

Even if you slow Gurley down, Goff isn't dropping back 50 times. If he is, that bodes well for y'all. Only way that happens is if you jump out to a rather large lead and force us to abandon the run. The only game where Goff dropped back close to 50 times is the shootout against the Chiefs.

Why am I "obsessed with Goff?" He plays QB for the Rams, and I was one of the few people who was willing to take the heat for supporting him when the majority of people claim he was a bust as a rookie. 

Frankly, the whole "stop Gurley" strategy is one I see continually repeated by fans. The odd thing is that it's not a particularly good strategy. You're better off stopping Goff. Gurley is the better player relative to his peers, but passing the ball is more efficient than running the ball.

Archived