This stat/tweet deserves its own thread

Matts4313

Dude had a couple iffy moments, but wow. My personal opinion is:

1. He was not lined up in the neutral zone. That was a bad call.

2. The facemask is his fault. It was ticky tacky while he was being held, but still his fault.

3. The roughing the kicker was just unfortunate. He was engaged in a blocker, got off balance and fell into the kicker. I dont fault him for that, that is just an unfortunate incident that happens in football. 

But to the stats themselves; RG is turning into who we thought he was. Damn our front office has NAILED IT lately. 

I'm really happy for Randy. He seems to have finally turned it around and has become the player we thought he could be.

Keep him and D-Law paired up, bring back Crawford on a cheaper deal (he's been on fire as well) and we have the makings of a damn good D-Line for the first time in a long time.

I agree, his punter hit was a total screw up but he was in Brees face all freaking night and I dare say more then anyone else. This guy is developing and I want to remain a Cowboy for a long time so long as his past is just that....the past! He is starter quality and if he improves just a little further he is probowl quality.

OK 2 things comes to mind.

1- might Taco NOT be a bust because the emergence of RG and of course DL being a stud, therefor leaving Taco waiting in the wings. So to speak?

2- glad so see RG over come (to this point) his issues and NOT have fallen back/off the wagon. At minimum it shows future people/players that positives can result out of difficult situations.

Facemask/neutral zone were bad calls. 

Roughing the punter was definitely untimely, but I'm not going to knock him or write him off because of it. Hustle play

I don't believe RG's play makes DLaw any less a priority this off season, but does give Dallas a little leeway if he's wants $25m/yr. 

Archived