Kyler Murray Hypothetical

BleedTheClock

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Day 3 pick.

Agreed. Now, it might turn out that he would end up being a solid NFL player, but right now I would say Day 3 pick and I don't know that more time in college would change my perception of that. That is where he probably should go, but a team might jump on him higher if there starts to be any hype around him or if a team jumps the gun, say he were to win two heisman's in college, I could see him going higher by a ways, but he shouldn't.

Just now, The Gnat said:

Agreed. Now, it might turn out that he would end up being a solid NFL player, but right now I would say Day 3 pick and I don't know that more time in college would change my perception of that. That is where he probably should go, but a team might jump on him higher if there starts to be any hype around him or if a team jumps the gun, say he were to win two heisman's in college, I could see him going higher by a ways, but he shouldn't.

He's got the body of DeSean Jackson. He's pushing the whole "You're too short to play QB even further than Russel Wilson or Brees). Not to mention he's like... a buck 75, and would snap in half in the NFL sooner or later.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

You can tell he never was serious about the game by how he prepares his physique, he has the body of baseball player.

Well, not exactly. There's no gut hanging over his belt. :P

Kyler Murray doesn't have the football IQ that Mayfield has, but he has the feet to make up the difference. However, that doesn't translate so well to the NFL. It's best he sticks with MLB.

He'll be taken maybe in the mid rounds because he's a phenomenal athlete. Then if he's committed to being a QB, and the team that drafted him is ok with him chasing that goal, he'll be put on a serious bulking regime. His height is not a real issue to me, mobility in the pocket nearly nullifies the disadvantage and as pro offenses resemble college offenses more and more, being able to just sit in the pocket becomes a less and less important a trait. The real issue is his weight. Listed at 194 but looks closer to 185 to me. He needs about 15 lbs of muscle, at least.. and who knows if his frame can even support that? I don't know, Bridgewater never bulked up as much as you'd have liked him to, and I doubt it was because he didn't try.

If there were no baseball involved , Murray is a first rounder.

The “ he’s too small card” is pretty irrelevant these days. 

Lamar Jackson is 6 3 212

Murray’s 5 9 195

Jackson is 6 inches taller and only 17 pounds heavier? Jackson is way skinner body type wise.

The difference? Murray is a astronomically better thrower than 1st round pick Lamar Jackson is.

And we’ve already seen shorter QBs succeed in the NFL

Tbh I have no idea why he doesn't get more attention. He could damn near be a 1st round running back if he had focused on that, that's the kind of athlete he is. I know he's a bit of a point-and-shoot quarterback and that he can be late on his throws, but his ball placement can be incredible and I can't necessarily fault a QB for taking his time if his OL is giving him time. He can move around and make plays arguably just as good if not better than Russell Wilson. His arm is good. No off-field issues. Most efficient season for a QB in college football history. 

Also, anyone saying he's too short can get out. A 5'10" QB can't see over his OL just as much as a 6'3" QB can't see over his OL. Using the "he can't see over his OL" argument for a QB being too short is dumb because that's not how being a QB works. QBs don't look over their OL, they look around them. Height doesn't effect his ability to look around his OL. The only other argument you could make is that a shorter body comes with a shorter frame, thus he would have shorter arms which would make it more difficult to generate velocity on his throws. But that isn't an issue either, because his arm is more than good enough. 

On 12/5/2018 at 12:22 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He'll be taken maybe in the mid rounds because he's a phenomenal athlete. Then if he's committed to being a QB, and the team that drafted him is ok with him chasing that goal, he'll be put on a serious bulking regime. His height is not a real issue to me, mobility in the pocket nearly nullifies the disadvantage and as pro offenses resemble college offenses more and more, being able to just sit in the pocket becomes a less and less important a trait. The real issue is his weight. Listed at 194 but looks closer to 185 to me. He needs about 15 lbs of muscle, at least.. and who knows if his frame can even support that? I don't know, Bridgewater never bulked up as much as you'd have liked him to, and I doubt it was because he didn't try.

His weight is fine

16 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Also, anyone saying he's too short can get out. A 5'10" QB can't see over his OL just as much as a 6'3" QB can't see over his OL. Using the "he can't see over his OL" argument for a QB being too short is dumb because that's not how being a QB works. QBs don't look over their OL, they look around them. Height doesn't effect his ability to look around his OL. The only other argument you could make is that a shorter body comes with a shorter frame, thus he would have shorter arms which would make it more difficult to generate velocity on his throws. But that isn't an issue either, because his arm is more than good enough. 

I only grew to 5'8 130 but you have me strapping on the cleats 

Archived