5. Landry/Callaway

1. Bakers first half sealed the win for hou

2. Kitchens 1st half.

3. No running room. 

4. Run defence

5. TJ Carrie

Agree.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Do you mean that he is incapable of it or that at this time the technique just escapes him, or something completely different?

He tries to go inside on the lt and gets ridden into a pile with the lg and dt. 

He doesn't disengage with the LG, I thought with his length and strength he should be able to disengage and then move to the qb. 

56 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Our outside linebackers are terrible. Part of it is the scheme, most of it is terrible fundamentals.

Also, I can't stand how far our pass rushers fly up the field every single game. It's infuriating! We have no concept of playing our gaps before creating penetration.

Yeah our outside guys dont work in tandem, if both guys go 9 yards deep then the step up is easy. Presumably 1 player should go in at 5-7 yards and another at 7-9 yards deep.

I think an up is that we didn't lose to HOU, we beat ourselves.

One article I read summed it up like this: "but the interceptions, fumbles and penalties prove that this team, while moving in the right direction, is not there yet."

Interceptions, fumbles and penalties can be almost or as much a matter of discipline as they are of a lack of talent.

And they can be eliminated or at least substantialy reduced as we saw in the two previous games.

31 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think an up is that we didn't lose to HOU, we beat ourselves.

One article I read summed it up like this: "but the interceptions, fumbles and penalties prove that this team, while moving in the right direction, is not there yet."

Interceptions, fumbles and penalties can be almost or as much a matter of discipline as they are of a lack of talent.

And they can be eliminated or at least substantialy reduced as we saw in the two previous games.

I still think they beat us without the turnovers and penalties. They were just the better team out there yesterday. It would have been closer and in close games anything can happen but my gut feeling says they were winning that game and we needed to hope to force some turnovers or get some lucky bounces to offset them being the better or or more prepared team out there.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I still think they beat us without the turnovers and penalties. They were just the better team out there yesterday. It would have been closer and in close games anything can happen but my gut feeling says they were winning that game and we needed to hope to force some turnovers or get some lucky bounces to offset them being the better or or more prepared team out there.

One can point to a lot of things (e.g., the D schemes) but at the end of the day (threw that in for the Brits in here) shooting yourself in the foot so many times in so many different ways is not a formula for a win.

Respectfully agree that they are the better team but disagree that we don't win without all the self-inflicted wounds.

22 hours ago, bruceb said:

Do you mean that he is incapable of it or that at this time the technique just escapes him, or something completely different?

I think Garretts biggest flaw is his lack of counter moves. He can get 10-15 sacks per year based just on his first move, but where he is really going to reach the next level (if he does) is by developing counter moves which I believe was a concern of his coming out of the draft. That, and making timely plays. The thing that separates Donald/Miller/Mack is that they show up when you need them to make a play in big situations.

Not that Myles cant, he just needs to develop that 'its time to make a play' mode and go out and do it.

Not knocking him because he is going to be a 10x Pro-Bowler by the end of his career, its just going to be scary how good he can be when he develops counter moves and that big time momentum shifting play ability.

Archived