Packers Fire Mike Mccarthy, Joe Philbin named Interim HC

Hawkfan191

I hope for the best for McCarthy.  Helped us do something only 6% of head coaches in NFL history have been able to do, which is get his team a Lombardi.  He's got the ability to coach, didn't have the talent the last couple years, and lost Rodgers somewhere along the way. 

The next ten years hinge on this decision.  Excitement isn't quite the right word.  Apprehension is more fitting. 

5 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I am still on the fence about this decision but we should all appreciate what McCarthy accomplished here in GB.

He was a great coach.

Yes he was but things must've been bad in the locker room for this decision to be made now.

4 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I am still on the fence about this decision but we should all appreciate what McCarthy accomplished here in GB.

He was a great coach.

Was........ He's hasn't been a a difference maker on the sidelines in a long time.  

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also really hoping that Murphy isn't getting a taste for being reactionary. 

I still feel that moving on from MM was something that was being considered for a few weeks, if not since last season.  The 1 year contract extension some what signaled that.  

Dom given his walking papers after serving as the longest-tenured defensive coordinator in the NFL.

The prior GM told to go sit in a dark room after 13 years in charge.

Now, Mac canned with 4 games to go in the 2018 season.

Hope the coaching/management loyalists are able to withstand all the firings.

Just now, Pugger said:

Yes he was but things must've been bad in the locker room for this decision to be made now.

Pretty clear by today's energy and effort, their are issues in the locker room.  This TEAM pretty clearly quit on him.  

Just now, Pugger said:

Has to be what happened. Guys were probably throwing their jerseys on his desk Rudy style lol

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I hope for the best for McCarthy.  Helped us do something only 6% of head coaches in NFL history have been able to do, which is get his team a Lombardi.  He's got the ability to coach, didn't have the talent the last couple years, and lost Rodgers somewhere along the way. 

The next ten years hinge on this decision.  Excitement isn't quite the right word.  Apprehension is more fitting. 

I hope the training staff goes with him.  My biggest ***** has been the training staff.  Packers are among the most injured teams in the league every season.  Hope Pettine stays wish they had made him interim HC instead.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

6%?

Archived