Packers fire Head Coach Mike McCarthy; Joe Philbin named interim HC

IDOG_det

7 minutes ago, game3525 said:

lol, this is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum. This is the risk for any new potential hire. 

Typically you aren't firing a Super Bowl winning coach whose been to the NFCCG twice in the last 4 seasons (and 4 times in the last decade)

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

McCarthy IS a Super Bowl winning coach.  You have to give him that much credit.  It's not like we're talking about some rookie HC who came in way over his head.  I admit that it's very unlikely, but there is a small possibility that with a great draft and a few decent free agent additions MM could possibly turn it around next season.  The guy IS a good coach, however, it's hard to argue that it wasn't time for him to go too.

My point was mainly that there is a decent chance that their next hire doesn't work out, and that would pretty much spell the end of the Rodgers era in Green Bay.

That was 8 years ago and things change. 

McCarthy lost the team and most importantly lost the trust of the franchise QB. There is no point running this back another time. It is better to start fresh why you still have Rodgers in his prime then to bring him back. We know it isn't going to get better.

23 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

He should have been gone year ago 

Well, maybe. There will always be a special place in my heart for this plump and lovable coach. And I very much enjoyed John Candy playing him in the movie, Fat Bum In Green Bay-!

Image result for Mike Mccarthy

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

That was 8 years ago and things change. 

McCarthy lost the team and most importantly lost the trust of the franchise QB. There is no point running this back another time. It is better to start fresh why you still have Rodgers in his prime then to bring him back. We know it isn't going to get better.

And maybe the problem is with the franchise QB who goes rogue and misses wide open receivers because he's obsessed with the big pass. Maybe when you don't take what the offense gives you the team suffers. Maybe when the coach's plays offer you easy outs and you avoid them it's on you. By the way, they lost today's game because Rodgers sucked. 

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They can't.  They are 4 games behind the Bears. The Bears won't lose out. There's 5 teams ahead of them for wildcard.

I could see a slim chance of a wildcard. Of the 5 teams ahead of them, Washington now has no QB, Carolina is struggling, Tampa and Philly are only one game up. If the Vikings tanked it could happen. Seahawks and Packers as wildcards.

Probably won't. But could.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I could see a slim chance of a wildcard. Of the 5 teams ahead of them, Washington now has no QB, Carolina is struggling, Tampa and Philly are only one game up. If the Vikings tanked it could happen. Seahawks and Packers as wildcards.

Probably won't. But could.

It won't. And if a miracle happened, so what? Are they going to beat the Rams or Saints? 

The Eagles did the right thing when they fired Reid. The team was burned out from 14 years of the same guy.

Its fine if 13 years was enough for McCarthy.

The pathetic undermining agenda from Aaron Rodgers and his people is classless even if it was time.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

And maybe the problem is with the franchise QB who goes rogue and misses wide open receivers because he's obsessed with the big pass. Maybe when you don't take what the offense gives you the team suffers. Maybe when the coach's plays offer you easy outs and you avoid them it's on you. By the way, they lost today's game because Rodgers sucked. 

Rodgers is part of the problem. He hasn't been sharp this year. But compared to teams like NE and NO, they don't make it easy for him. Like I said earlier, former GB receivers are on record saying MM lacks creativity. There are no bunch, trips, etc. 

GB has been running the same stuff for 10 years, that is inexcusable. 

Archived