Packers fire Head Coach Mike McCarthy; Joe Philbin named interim HC

IDOG_det

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Wow. I really didn’t think Murphy would fire him mid-season. Shocked about this. Not to get me wrong, he absolutely earned it. Just shocked a guy that has been here this long got fired mid-season. 

I imagine he would've waited until the end if not for losing to one of the worst teams in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Brady and Rodgers both are which is fine. Mahomes is the gold standard right now.

Brady and Belichick have their differences, but that's normal in every relationship. Rodgers went out of his way to get his coach fired.

Remember, McCarthy got hired by Green Bay because he did well in New Orleans with Aaron Brooks at QB.

He also took over a 4-12 Packers team with an old Favre and got to OT of the NFCCG 2 years later.

Maybe we should blame him for The Gunslinger throwing into triple coverage in that 2007 OT too?

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Remember, McCarthy got hired by Green Bay because he did well in New Orleans with Aaron Brooks at QB.

He also took over a 4-12 Packers team with an old Favre and got to OT of the NFCCG 2 years later.

Maybe we should blame him for The Gunslinger throwing into triple coverage in that 2007 OT too?

Ehhh, Aarron Brooks wasn't that great. He did help turn around the Packers though after the Mike Sherman era. 

Archived