Packers fire Head Coach Mike McCarthy; Joe Philbin named interim HC

IDOG_det

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/aaron-rodgers-is-a-punk.196747940/

Aaron Rodgers has been a punk for a decade, who cares?

Dude with a 21 TD to 1 INT ratio is declining. Okay, I guess Brady should retire then.

That ratio is so completely misleading. He is playing like Anna average at best QB this year.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That ratio is so completely misleading. He is playing like Anna average at best QB this year.

Almost like something is wrong with the offense, not the QB who was fantastic just a season ago.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Brady still wins games.

Brady has Bellicheck, also QBs don't win every single game of every single season.

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Almost like something is wrong with the offense, not the QB who was fantastic just a season ago

Aaron had a good 2017 yeah?

I'm not going to debate with someone who hasn't even watched him play...

Even the biggest Rodgers fanbois that watch all him games the last few years wil admit that ratio is misleading and he isn't anywhere near his 2010-2014 level.

I think it was a good move. All the talk is about Rodgers and his relationship. But far too often the overall team has been very undisciplined and looked unprepared. Mike can still go be a successful coach somewhere. A change was just needed all around. Stagnant. 

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron had a good 2017 yeah?

I'm not going to debate with someone who hasn't even watched him play...

Even the biggest Rodgers fanbois that watch all him games the last few years wil admit that ratio is misleading and he isn't anywhere near his 2010-2014 level.

Prior to his injury, yes.

Mate I've watched about 6 packers games this year, he's not as good as 2016 self but he's still far from a problem. But you do you and continue to blame your QB for issues that go back to the coaching.

54 minutes ago, Elky said:

Brady and Belichick have their differences, but that's normal in every relationship. Rodgers went out of his way to get his coach fired.

How did AR get his coach fired?  By playing lousy?  Rodgers hasn't played well but he wasn't the only guy on offense playing like crap this year.  The team got worse and worse every week and couldn't/wouldn't make adjustments during games.  Now, if AR looks like his old self next week then you can say AR played like garbage to get his coach canned.  To suggest that today is a very premature.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

McCarthy IS a Super Bowl winning coach.  You have to give him that much credit.  It's not like we're talking about some rookie HC who came in way over his head.  I admit that it's very unlikely, but there is a small possibility that with a great draft and a few decent free agent additions MM could possibly turn it around next season.  The guy IS a good coach, however, it's hard to argue that it wasn't time for him to go too.

My point was mainly that there is a decent chance that their next hire doesn't work out, and that would pretty much spell the end of the Rodgers era in Green Bay.

I'm with you Buck, what you're saying reminds me of when Bears fired Lovie Smith, albeit he wasn't a SB winning coach, but tonmake the comparison they thought by doing so it would propel the team to greater success but it just ended up having the opposite effect with two dumpster fire hires in Trestman and Fox.  

What's clear is that this is Rodgers team and that's going to be a tall task for any new coach coming in. The Packers better hope that they don't just hire a Rodgers yes man.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm with you Buck, what you're saying reminds me of when Bears fired Lovie Smith, albeit he wasn't a SB winning coach, but tonmake the comparison they thought by doing so it would propel the team to greater success but it just ended up having the opposite effect with two dumpster fire hires in Trestman and Fox.  

What's clear is that this is Rodgers team and that's going to be a tall task for any new coach coming in. The Packers better hope that they don't just hire a Rodgers yes man.

That's exactly what they are going to do bc Rodgers has all the power, and the whole franchise knows it.

Archived