Good, Bad, Ugly vs KC Part I

Silver&Black88

Good:
- Didn't get destroyed. Defense was ok, all things considered.
- Team resiliency. Kept fighting till the end.
- Carr had a solid game overall. Would have liked more from him, but he didn't make many mistakes, and stood tall in the pocket. A little dink and dunk which I think was a part of the gameplan, but a good game to build off of.
- Jared Cook. You already know.
- Karl Joseph getting reps and delivering]
- RBs ran the ball well, especially Richard
- Hill did not totally torch us, but that's more on Mahomes
- Pass rush showed some signs of life
- Thought Morrow looked alright
- Jordy Nelson contributed
- Rashaan Melvin played dece
- OL wasn't bad (thats an improvement over most weeks lol)
- Whithead forcing the Kelce fumble, Nick Nelson staying with the play and recovering it even though he gave up the catch
- Coaching. I thought the offensive gameplan was fine and it worked for the most part. I'll take what we got from the defense considering the talent disparity

Bad:
- Missed opportunities with INTs
- Whitehead and Reggie Nelson still making too many mistakes
- Run D was bad even without Hunt playing

Ugly:
- Fumbles by all 3 running backs
- Cannot cover a TE to save our lives
- Lots of flags
- Townsend is so, so bad
- Gilchrist's broken ankles

Thought Carr and Cook looked great. 

RB's looked good minus all the fumbles

Carr had more time to throw than usual I thought, so Oline must have been better. 

KJ looked great, espically on at the GL even though they scored

Conley looks great, amazed how him and KJ weren't even playing a few weeks ago

Townsend had a bad punt

Safeties were bad besides KJ

Pass rush looked decent at times, couldn't finish though. 

Nick Nelson didn't have that great of a game. 

not sure how you can put the D in good, unless all things considers just meant, our D sucks and we were playing a top 2 O.
the only times we stopped them was when their guys dropped the ball. 

Derek Carr, proving why he is still our QBOTF. 
The fumbles were terrible.
too many dropped INTs
KJ looked great in run support. 

Our 3 first round picks need to be on D. unless there is a massive gap in the BPA, but man our D cant stop anything

Good:

Karl Joseph

Carr

O-Line

Nelson and Ateman back shoulder grabs

Our kicker

Bad:

Dropped Interceptions

our RT Parker getting beat consistently without any help like a chip block or something

Reggie Nelson getting beat on every deep throw thrown

Missed sacks, pass rush in general and lack of containment

Ugly:

Townsend is the worst punter in NFL history. Why do we seem set on keeping him? Every once in a while he boots a 45-50 yarder but most of his punts seem to be in the 30-40 yard range. And has a lot of punts under 30 yards.

Good: 

Carr managed the game well. Took some shots down field and they paid off

Richard - minus the fumble, he's a shifty quick hitter. Good piece for the future

Cook - having a career year. Gruden is going to draft TE this draft and it's clear it's an important piece of his offense

Carlson - Excited about his future. Was a stud at Auburn and seems to have settled down in the NFL 

Bad:

Penalties - a few and bad times 

Ugly: 

TE coverage - Raiders haven't been able to stop an athletic TE since forever. 

Good:

Carr looked the best he's looked all year. Still not great, but definitely looked really competent considering the limited talent around him.

I thought Miller handled Houston pretty well. He has done and did a great job in this game of getting to the second level on run plays.

Jared Cook has always been this good but we're lucky to have him healthy. He's a perfect fit for the way Carr plays. I hope he comes back next year and we pair him with a young guy.

Jordy Nelson looked serviceable and didn't look too old. Don't think he's near worth the $7+ million he's scheduled to get next season, though.

Richard and Martin looked good as a 1-2 punch. I hope both are brought back next season. We could do a lot worse than that duo.

Interior offensive line mauled KC and created runways for the backs.

I thought P.J. Hall was the best interior defensive lineman all day, though he didn't look great. Saw him get a couple pressures here and there and was one probably the only one who didn't get mauled in the run game. I also noticed he got a bunch more snaps than Hurst and Hurst generally played much less than he has previously.

Bad:

Defensive line generates no pressure and gets too easily sealed on run plays. Justin Ellis didn't look good in his first game back. Arden Key is still nothing as much as some are wish-casting him to be the player he was hyped to become when he was a freshman at LSU.

Linebackers don't take advantage of double teams on the inside blocks and are consistently slow to react.

I thought Nelson looked bad, overall. Had a bad PI or holding call in the redzone, got toasted by Tyreek Hill, and got lost on a simple switch route in the redzone leading to a touchdown. Can't happen in the NFL.

Lack of athleticism on the ends makes it too easy for any QB with a modicum of mobility to get outside.

Brandon Parker might be too far gone to be salvageable as a starting tackle in the NFL.

Ugly:

Fumbles.

Nick Nelson and Marcus Gilchrist absolutely roasted by Tyreek Hill. Gonna need skin grafts for those 3rd-degree burns.

Our best defense is luck (guys dropping passes, QB missing open throws, runners tripping in the open field, etc.).

1 hour ago, holyghost said:

In the good section, don't forget that this is the first good game Carr has ever played against the Chefs. His career numbers vs. them before yesterday were disastrous.

He lit them up last year on Thursday night. Remember the game winning Crab catch. Then had one of the worst games I've seen him play vs them in KC later that year. 

He's played crappy against them overall, but I bet he's the only QB who scares them in the division. Rivers craps the bed against KC whenever they play

Archived