Good, Bad, Ugly vs KC Part I

Silver&Black88

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Or it could just be a difference of opinion.

Certainly not playing like an All-Pro like you claimed.

I'm saying he will be an all-pro in time. The start of his rookie campaign has him on that career arch. James, he might be an all-pro as rookie which is unheard of.

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Just being athletic doesn't make you better. McGlinchey is a stud and will be a 10-12 stalwart in SF. Miller's could realize his potential, or he could fizzle and just be another in a line of big athletic tackles who didn't pan out.

you act like Kolton doesn't have skill.... Kolton is a wall when he is healthy, he was a warrior and played through injury... Kolton also been playing the tougher position at LT, Mitch is playing RT. Kolton has the higher ceiling and already playing good football at one of the most important positions on the team....

46 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

you act like Kolton doesn't have skill.... Kolton is a wall when he is healthy, he was a warrior and played through injury... Kolton also been playing the tougher position at LT, Mitch is playing RT. Kolton has the higher ceiling and already playing good football at one of the most important positions on the team....

Overstating that pretty heavily no? He was average when he was healthy on his best days. Still needs to get much stronger and he still makes false steps that plagued him at UCLA. 

McGlinchey is playing RT, because the 9ers have a LT. He's also playing RT among the best in the league. McGlinchey looks the part of a 10 year franchise player. Miller has tools, but looks raw and has a ways to go off the field. 

My point was simple... there was an all-pro out of the box talent on the clock when they picked. You want to be a good team, take the good players. 

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Overstating that pretty heavily no? He was average when he was healthy on his best days. Still needs to get much stronger and he still makes false steps that plagued him at UCLA. 

McGlinchey is playing RT, because the 9ers have a LT. He's also playing RT among the best in the league. McGlinchey looks the part of a 10 year franchise player. Miller has tools, but looks raw and has a ways to go off the field. 

My point was simple... there was an all-pro out of the box talent on the clock when they picked. You want to be a good team, take the good players. 

I still think the line looks better if you switch Parker and Miller.  Part of Parker's problem is changing sides.  We saw how Penn looked changing sides when he was still a decent player.  Miller played RT at UCLA and played well.  Parker played LT his entire career and played really good.  Bring them to the pros and let's completely change it up.  Did the coaches even try them at their natural positions?  From what I remember Miller was at LT day 1.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I still think the line looks better if you switch Parker and Miller.  Part of Parker's problem is changing sides.  We saw how Penn looked changing sides when he was still a decent player.  Miller played RT at UCLA and played well.  Parker played LT his entire career and played really good.  Bring them to the pros and let's completely change it up.  Did the coaches even try them at their natural positions?  From what I remember Miller was at LT day 1.

I wrote about this when they were drafted. Parker played LT exclusively at A&T and Miller had played right before his final season at UCLA. Making a switch is at the pro-level might have been asking too much of an already raw prospect.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Thought kolt was LT his last year at UCLA 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I wrote about this when they were drafted. Parker played LT exclusively at A&T and Miller had played right before his final season at UCLA. Making a switch is at the pro-level might have been asking too much of an already raw prospect.

Kolt just needs to sink his hips and anchor down on bull rushes he’s a better run blocker than pass blocker that’s why I think he might get kicked inside when ko leaves

Archived