16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

He was fined $50,000 for taping the 49ers pre-game walkthrough, though the main culprit was another guy. He was with the Pats (as OC) when they got caught in Spygate (2007). He was the Offensive coordinator and QB coach in 2016 when Deflategate broke....................there is a pattern here.

lol alright man -- There's absolutely no reasoning with JMD haters.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I feel like the only one that doesn't think hue is an awful coordinator

I dont think him an awful coordinator.....but he's been with who outside CIN and CLE?
Neither of whom were rousing successes while he was there.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont think him an awful coordinator.....but he's been with who outside CIN and CLE?
Neither of whom were rousing successes while he was there.

That's fair. He seemed at least like an average type guy to me. I think he was looked at as a pretty good coordinator before he took the HC job but maybe I don't remember things as well as I think I do.

17 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Can we compromise-  He is was a lousy human being but he can coach us to the super bowl?

Allegedly, McD found his faith and that's a big part of him learning how not to be a jackhole to others.

I'm also not sure it was McD's natural state to be a jackhole - but look at who he learned from during his formative years ?
BB has taken it to a whole new level.
And when McD tried to emulate that "dictator" style in Denver, he alienated everybody because he didn't have the history, gravitas or maturity to pull it off.
BB does.
So what is McD's natural style when he isn't trying to be BB junior or isn't in over his head ? The Packers need to find out

I'm willing to consider the possibility that he's a changed and evolved human over the last 10 years and that he's now his own man instead of trying to be BB junior
But I'm also aware of the fact that when humans are under intense stress, they tend to resort to their natural, and not their adapted style. I don't know what his natural style actually is. But there are people who do know and there are proven techniques, tests and assessments to get at the reality

All we have as fans are media reports, which are mostly useless in making a determination of his suitability to be the next HC and CEO of Titletown Inc.

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's fair. He seemed at least like an average type guy to me. I think he was looked at as a pretty good coordinator before he took the HC job but maybe I don't remember things as well as I think I do.

I think his greatest success was as a coordinator. Not hard to do when you tank as an HC the way he did. I mean - he must rank high on all-time losing HCs.

He could have been a janitor before becoming a HC and his work would have looked good by comparison. (Thats a joke....or intended as humor at least).

I dont wish him ill in any way but I dont fear his addition to MN all that much.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think his greatest success was as a coordinator. Not hard to do when you tank as an HC the way he did. I mean - he must rank high on all-time losing HCs.

He could have been a janitor before becoming a HC and his work would have looked good by comparison. (Thats a joke....or intended as humor at least).

I dont wish him ill in any way but I dont fear his addition to MN all that much.

Oh no me either. Wouldn't scare me. But I don't think he would bomb either. We're kind of discussing this for us too, sometimes good coordinators just don't work as HC but still are good at that job. 

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Allegedly, McD found his faith and that's a big part of him learning how not to be a jackhole to others.

I'm also not sure it was McD's natural state to be a jackhole - but look at who he learned from during his formative years ? BB has taken it to a whole new level.
And when McD tried to emulate that "dictator" style in Denver, he alienated everybody because he didn't have the history, gravitas or maturity to pull it off.
BB does. So what is McD's natural style when he isn't trying to be BB junior or isn't in over his head ? The Packers need to find out

I'm willing to consider the possibility that he's a changed and evolved human over the last 10 years and that he's now his own man instead of trying to be BB junior
But I'm also aware of the fact that when humans are under intense stress, they tend to resort to their natural, and not their adapted style. I don't know what his natural style actually is. But there are people who do know and there are proven techniques, tests and assessments to get at the reality

All we have as fans are media reports, which are mostly useless in making a determination of his suitability to be the next HC and CEO of Titletown Inc.

agreed

That's why I put it in green.  Nobody really knows what he is all about these days.  His fans just see a very successful coordinator on a dynasty team and his detractors just see his flaws from past assignments.  My guess is the truth might be much more nuanced.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Oh no me either. Wouldn't scare me. But I don't think he would bomb either. We're kind of discussing this for us too, sometimes good coordinators just don't work as HC but still late good at that job.

Totally true. He's been a decent OC. Dont know him well enough to say he's been a mover / shaker - but it got him the HC gig - so he certainly wasnt a disaster.

30 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

When did him not being able to fill a coaching staff become the argument? You guys state that > COACHES HATE < coaching under him -- we show numerous articles that state that there are assistants all over clamoring at an opportunity to coach under a JMD team in Green Bay as a counter-argument and then you stretch out your already incredibly weak stance by making an incredible reach on something that's completely irrelevant to the beginning argument, to begin with .. 

Honestly, you hate the guy ... we get it.  You don't believe that people can change. You read an article that I would love to see that states coaches hate playing under him (Keyword here is coaches -- notice it's plural please) and it better be from more than 10 years ago when he was in Denver, because in those 10 years since he's left he's had an abundant of coaches under him on the offensive side of the ball in NE, so if your theory is supposedly correct and holds true then we'd hear numerous reports that back that up from positional coaches on the offensive side of the ball that has left NE. 

I never said coaches hate him though.  I said that his coaches, front office and players HATED him in Denver which is pretty well documented given the cancer he was too that organization.  While I don't think he can have his pick of any coach in the league for his staff like some are saying, I'm not at all surprise that he'll have no issues filling a staff given that no coach has ever had issues filling a staff.  

Hate is a strong word.  I dislike the person which shouldn't be all that surprising given the lack of character and integrity he''s shown over his coaching career.  I never said anyone couldn't change, the opposite actually.  I'm not naive though.  This is a guy who lied to a franchise and a coaching staff less than a year ago.  I'm supposed to believe that he's learned and changed from those character flaws, the same sort of flaws that were his downfall in Denver?  Not gonna happen.  

Archived