16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

I never said coaches hate him though.  I said that his coaches, front office and players HATED him in Denver which is pretty well documented given the cancer he was too that organization.  While I don't think he can have his pick of any coach in the league for his staff like some are saying, I'm not at all surprise that he'll have no issues filling a staff given that no coach has ever had issues filling a staff.  

Hate is a strong word.  I dislike the person which shouldn't be all that surprising given the lack of character and integrity he''s shown over his coaching career.  I never said anyone couldn't change, the opposite actually.  I'm not naive though.  This is a guy who lied to a franchise and a coaching staff less than a year ago.  I'm supposed to believe that he's learned and changed from those character flaws, the same sort of flaws that were his downfall in Denver?  Not gonna happen.  

Dang, I don't even feel comfortable passing this level of judgment on people I know and have met and interacted with in real life in a limited fashion - much less someone I've only ever read headlines about!

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Dang, I don't even feel comfortable passing this level of judgment on people I know and have met and interacted with in real life in a limited fashion - much less someone I've only ever read headlines about!

I mean would you allow a baby sitter that you read about abusing kids watch yours?  Not likely.  Kind of how I feel about Josh McDaniels.  I haven't seen anything that would show that he was falsely accused for his treatment of people in either Denver or Indy.  The Indy coaches not wanting to bad mouth McDaniels to the press doesn't mean he didn't treat them with extreme disrespect by abandoning them.   I don't think that just because Tom Brady and Bill Belichick feel one way that everyone should automatically have that same opinion.  I'd imagine that they liked McDaniels just as much in 2009 as they do right now.  

Jay Glazer on Cowherd:

1. Green Bay's the dream job.
2. CLEs second cause of Mayfield, Garrett and such.
3. Thinks MM perfect fit for NYJs.
4. Thinks ABs done in PIT. "Cant have a guy back that quit on you"
5. Thinks Arians to TB could happen in the next few days and the HC choice perfect for their QB.
6. Thinks AZ position enviable because of the GM and QB - plus - "Its Scotsdale. Great place to live. Dont threaten me with a good time" :)

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

The Indy coaches not wanting to bad mouth McDaniels to the press doesn't mean he didn't treat them with extreme disrespect by abandoning them.

or maybe the reality is that those assistant coaches wanted to work in Indy regardless (as they stated) and didn't feel abandoned at all.

Those are grown men with whom JMD was in contact with throughout the process who have never said or alluded to anything negative. The whole thing was a media circus that only happened because Indy pre-maturely announced it. Nobody would care (or know) if they hadn't done that. People back out of "handshake" deals everyday.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

or maybe the reality is that those assistant coaches wanted to work in Indy regardless (as they stated) and didn't feel abandoned at all.

Those are grown men with whom JMD was in contact with throughout the process who have never said or alluded to anything negative. The whole thing was a media circus that only happened because Indy pre-maturely announced it. Nobody would care (or know) if they hadn't done that. People back out of "handshake" deals everyday.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  If you don't want to hold McDaniels accountable for anything over his coaching career that is your prerogative but he's not going to apologize to those coaches if he didn't feel he did them wrong.  It's naive to think that he had nothing to do with those coaches going to Indy.  Heck, why would he be in contact with them "throughout the process" (which I don't believe for a second) if he didn't have anything to do with them going?  Rhetorical question, no need to answer.  There is nothing either one of us are going to say so that we share an opinion on this guy so this back and forth is pointless.  

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Question:

Is it "Shish" and in Shish-K-Bob or is it more like
"Sheesh" ! I can't believe anybody would want to live in Scottsdale ?

It's neither, but K-Bob is for sure the best spelling of kebab I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  If you don't want to hold McDaniels accountable for anything over his coaching career that is your prerogative but he's not going to apologize to those coaches if he didn't feel he did them wrong.  It's naive to think that he had nothing to do with those coaches going to Indy.  Heck, why would he be in contact with them "throughout the process" (which I don't believe for a second) if he didn't have anything to do with them going?  

He's accountable for everything, I just prefer to use the actual facts when examining his resume. I don't think anyone is saying he had nothing to do w/ the coaches going to Indy, but you act like these guy's lives were devastated or something when he changed his mind. You're overdramatizing the effect greatly.

Archived