16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think what we need most now is a Qb whispering head coach that can get the most out of Rodgers.  He's our best bet at a championship over the next few years.  The problem you run into with the CEO head coach is that just about the time you have the OC in place and things start rolling, someone comes along and steals him away to the be their head coach.  A Jim Caldwell type OC might work, but I think I'd rather just have a coach who is a wizard on offense and hope that he hires a strong DC and ST coordinator to hold down their end.  I would be more apt to go with a the CEO type coach if we were in a major rebuild.

That's the nature of personnel. Good people are either moving up or out. Mediocre people never go anywhere. You are stuck with them. The trick is to find good people to replace the ones who leave.

Adam Schefner:

Packers are zeroing in on hiring Titans' OC Matt LaFleur as their HC, sources tell Rob Demovsky and me . Packers have begun notifying other HC candidates that they've interviewed that they're out and the team has made its choice.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, Mr Anonymous said:

I know what you mean and this was a solid write-up, but I'll quit posting here and never come back if McDaniels isn't the next head coach of the Packers. I'm not "bet my life savings" sure of it, but I'm pretty sure.

On 1/1/2019 at 5:48 PM, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol, I'll be sad if I can no longer talk football here. But I'm not real worried about that happening. McDaniels is gonna be the guy so you're stuck with me.

giphy.gif

Archived