squire12

16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I forgot Bart Starr was a HC

You should turn in your GB Packer fan card.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You should turn in your GB Packer fan card.

:ph34r: nah

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Just now, cannondale said:

What is the timeline for being able to hire a college coach ??

Before they have to study for finals.

Just now, cannondale said:

What is the timeline for being able to hire a college coach ??

I'd assume it'd be free whenever.  Buyouts would get tricky if they recently signed an extension.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'd assume it'd be free whenever.  Buyouts would get tricky if they recently signed an extension.

That was my thought but wasn't sure. Another reason to be first in line I guess

47 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Edited by squire12

Based off the current trends (hiring former QBs as coaches) and our team's history of staying within the organization, Brett Favre for HC16 is the obvious choice.

From the other thread the only names that have piqued my interest so far:

Jim Harbaugh

Matt Campbell

Bruce Arians

I suspect there are more that I'd be keen on digging into more as well.

Edited by incognito_man

I wouldn't be opposed to any of the names listed below.  Like some more than others.  Some have significant question marks but reality is almost every coach will.  Don't think there are any sure things available (ie like Kyle Shanahan IMO)

John Defilippo- Minnesota Vikings OC- Has been pretty good in his first year in Minnesota calling plays  this year.  Was tremendous in Philly last year.  

Matt Lafluer- Titans OC- His resume is impressive having worked with 2 of the NFL's fastest up and coming coaches.  Can this season be ignored though?  His first year in control of an offense and it's been disastrous.  Saying that though, Mike McCarthy's offense was terrible before GB hired him.

Bruce Arians- Former Cardinals HC- Resume is great.  Tremendous offensive mind that's done a lot of winning in the NFL.  Is he too old though?  Health issues would be concerning.

Lincoln Riley- OK Sooners HC- What's not to love about the Sooners offense since he's taken over? Scared about the transition to the NFL from college though (though it worked for Harbaugh and Carroll)

John Harbaugh- Ravens HC- I'm a big fan of the Harbaugh family (Jack, Jim and John).  Has been successful in Baltimore and would bring instant credibility to the defense.  Would want him to bring a high end offensive assistant with him.  

Pete Carmichael Jr-  New Orleans Saints OC- Been in New Orleans a while now.  Concerned about how much of an impact he has on Sean Payton's offense.

Matt Campbell- Iowa State HC- Don't know enough about him but I  there is a lot of gushing about him.  

Vikings fans hate Defilipo. I haven't been impressed watching the Vikings offense this year either. I'll admit I didn't pay any attention to him before his year though