16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

If winning out means we're stuck with Nice Guy Joe, the mouse, I    want nothing to do with it.  As we seen in Miami, he doesn't have the demeanor to be a head coach.  Whether its was his weekly motivational speeches that he had to write on cue cards or his inability to control his locker room which lead to player on player violence.  The second something goes wrong he'll get eaten alive.  

IMO it would be a scared hire by the front office showing their inexperience (not wanting to move on from the Mike McCarthy culture/ era).  If Joe Philbin is their answer they might as well have kept McCarthy because nothing is going to change if they believe the same exact voices in the locker room is the answer.  

Worst case scenario is we run the table and squeak into the playoffs. If we do, we'll beat either Dallas or Chicago, whoever we play and Philbin will be the head coach. That is a train wreak waiting to happen.

One thing we learned from today, Mike McCarthy sucks as a head football coach. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Worst case scenario is we run the table and squeak into the playoffs. If we do, we'll beat either Dallas or Chicago, whoever we play and Philbin will be the head coach. That is a train wreak waiting to happen.

One thing we learned from today, Mike McCarthy sucks as a head football coach. 

They won't keep Philbin ... they know he's not a long-term answer.  He's the perfect interim for us, because we maintain a lot of cohesion.  Long term they are looking for someone more dynamic and cutting edge.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

They won't keep Philbin ... they know he's not a long-term answer.  He's the perfect interim for us, because we maintain a lot of cohesion.  Long term they are looking for someone more dynamic and cutting edge.

Hope you are right, but if he runs the table and wins a playoff game, it will be hard to not give him a shot. It would be the right thing to do by hiring someone else and I hope they are committed to that. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Philbin is going to be our next head coach if we win this week.  Yuck.  

Guess we better get our Super Bowl win this year.

Unfortunately change in GB doesn't really seem like change. Which, depending on your view, can either be good or bad.

Where are the Mike McCarthy defenders?

He like Sherman wore his welcome. Should have be fired after 2014 NFC championship game or 15-1 season. It was evident he didn’t have what it takes to get the team back to the promiseland.

Anyway Jim Harbaugh said he’s not coming to NFL this year and John might get re-signed.

So at this point no one knows what will happen

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Whats this thinking based on?
Rumored coaches?

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whats this thinking based on?
Rumored coaches?

Just personal thoughts.  I think Murphy and Gute will want someone that brings a new direction to the organization.  Philbin  is a good man, but he's really just a continuation of an old regime .. We've been there and done that.  

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Just personal thoughts.  I think Murphy and Gute will want someone that brings a new direction to the organization.  Philbin  is a good man, but he's really just a continuation of an old regime .. We've been there and done that.  

I would agree.  I think there's interest in keeping him around, but not as HC.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I would agree.  I think there's interest in keeping him around, but not as HC.

What if you keep him and hire Zac Taylor as OC with the understanding that Philbin will step down in three years and ZT ascends to HC? Continuity AND something fresh.

Just now, Dubz41 said:

What if you keep him and hire Zac Taylor as OC with the understanding that Philbin will step down in three years and ZT ascends to HC? Continuity AND something fresh.

I mean, I suppose that's possible but you're running the risk of someone poaching Zac Taylor prior to that.  I mean, it wasn't all that long ago that Will Muschamp was named HC-in-waiting at Texas before Florida poached him away.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, incognito_man said:

I mean, look at the big picture here. He turned that program around...

He's battling teams with players that the big schools don't ever even consider for recruitment.

How many 1st or 2nd or 3rd round pick have come from his teams? 

You can say the same about the Wisconsin Badgers HC, he didn't turn program around, but he plays with the same type of players.  4th round talent at best.

13 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

He like Sherman wore his welcome. Should have be fired after 2014 NFC championship game or 15-1 season. It was evident he didn’t have what it takes to get the team back to the promiseland.

Anyway Jim Harbaugh said he’s not coming to NFL this year and John might get re-signed.

MM didn't wear out his welcome; he was fired at the right time imo.  so i'm not exactly a MM defender since i think it was time to move on, but your post is just crazy talk.  i'm not even going to address firing him after a 15-1 season, one year after winning the superbowl.  2014 was an awesome season that the players blew in seattle imo.  we went to the NFC championship in 2016 despite playing with a devastated secondary with no talent.  after going to the NFC championship in 2/3 years i'm not sure why anyone would want to fire MM.

2017 was a wake-up call for the organization imo.  it showed that our entire plan for winning hinged on one player.  2018 just poured gasoline onto any fires that 2017 may have created for MMs tenure.

pretty sure you are just a giant troll solely based on your comment about firing MM after the 15-1 season, so i'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with you.  just wanted to point out MMs firing was 99% based on 2017 and 2018 imo, making his firing well timed.

13 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

Maybe the worst thing that happened was that miracle Hail Mary in Detroit 2015. It prolonged the pain and misery with that regime. We probably get rid of McCarthy  sooner, if the Rodgers to Rodgers play is incomplete. 

Archived