16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wish we had some juicy coaching rumors ... pretty quiet out there.  I hope some surefire coaching candidates emerge soon. 

This is why I keep reading this thread its like the lead up to the draft. I want some rumors to read and get excited about only to have the packers go in a completely different direction.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wish we had some juicy coaching rumors ... pretty quiet out there.  I hope some surefire coaching candidates emerge soon. 

We beat CHI - you can move Philbin to the top of the list.
Maybe not your list - but ours dont count.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

We beat CHI - you can move Philbin to the top of the list.
Maybe not your list - but ours dont count.

I don't think he's a serious candidate ... far too similar to the status quo.  Murphy & Gute want to put their stamp on this coaching thing .. they don't want to continue on with more McCarthy tree.  

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

DeFlip may not even have the OC job at the end of the year.

He's sliding down my list more with every game.  Viking fans want him gone.

I don't want this guy now .. probably wouldn't even interview him.  He's failing as a play caller .. probably will get canned and wind up back as a QB coach somewhere.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Well, that escalated quickly.

Wow, kinda like the Pack what can you do when your 30 MIL dollar investment doesn't pan out. Fire his coach hahaha. With that said how would the Vikes have been with Simien at the QB spot this year. Could have spent more money to fill for depth. I thought they were dumb to push all in on a QB when the guy they had lead them so far in his first year.

I had no reason to think DeFillipo was a high ranking candidate to be the next Packers head coach but bullet dodged nonetheless. A week ago when McCarthy was fired he was an early betting favorite to be the Packers HC and now he's been fired as an OC. That's about as big of a stock drop as I've ever seen in one week's time.

Archived