16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

The "early betting favorites" are merely a function of how the agents are pimping their clients through their media friends. All of the names and lists are put out there by coaches' agents trying to get their guys a new and better gig. The media always wants new content and the agents are happy to fill the void

The team generated short lists are team -specific and are not trumpeted by the media....because that is completely counterproductive to the goals of each franchise. The Packers certainly aren't talking about who THEY want.

IF you read the internet with your mouth agape, a lot of really stupid **** will find its way into your gray matter.

Also, don't necessarily want Fangio, I just want Fangio to be a head coach since I think he's overall more important to that Bears defense than Mack is.  He's had a solid defense every single place he's coached.  Add Mack into the equation and of course it's going to be great. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Fangio.  He's had a solid defense every single place he's coached.

Indeed. And he's also been fired 9 times for sucking.
Now he has fewer injuries and more all stars in Chicago. Amazing how smart Fangio got right after Mack arrived.

I also think Flip is being scapegoated pretty badly by Zimmer/Spielman here. The Vikings have the 13th DVOA passing offense with arguably the worst Oline and an overpaid QB who can't win on the road or in primetime. If you watched the game last night Cousins missed wide open players on numerous plays, specifically Thielen on 4th and goal. 

This reeks of desperation, I don't think Flip was necessarily the problem. 

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The "early betting favorites" are merely a function of how the agents are pimping their clients through their media friends. All of the names and lists are put out there by coaches' agents trying to get their guys a new and better gig. The media always wants new content and the agents are happy to fill the void

The team generated short lists are team -specific and are not trumpeted by the media....because that is completely counterproductive to the goals of each franchise. The Packers certainly aren't talking about who THEY want.

IF you read the internet with your mouth agape, a lot of really stupid **** will find its way into your gray matter.

That's the thing, despite betting odds that DeFlippo was an early favorite, no one here was really buying in. Your point isn't lost, it's just not applicable here. And odds will change greatly as more accurate info comes out.

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

I also think Flip is being scapegoated pretty badly by Zimmer/Spielman here. The Vikings have the 13th DVOA passing offense with arguably the worst Oline and an overpaid QB who can't win on the road or in primetime. If you watched the game last night Cousins missed wide open players on numerous plays, specifically Thielen on 4th and goal. 

This reeks of desperation, I don't think Flip was necessarily the problem. 

Agree, but status quo doesn't save a sinking ship either.

Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

Agree, but status quo doesn't save a sinking ship either.

Definitely. The tension between Zimmer/Flip has been well reported for weeks now. I don't think working as an OC under Zimmer is an easy gig. Let's not forget Norv Turner retired to get out of it, only to find himself back as an OC a year later. 

Zimmer has to be feeling some heat. 

Archived