16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

2 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

Brandt believes the Packers made the move early because they have their eyes on a college coach and/or they didn't want to contact agents/coaches while McCarthy was employed. Also says that he believes Rodgers will be consulted about who the next coach is. 

Oh and he vehemently disagrees that the Browns jobs is more appealing. 

Good read.

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

Would anybody consider DeFilippo as QB coach or OC in Green Bay?

I would be interested in Flip as OC if we went a defensive/special teams coach route. I think he is being massively scapegoated by Zimmer/Spielman here. Their offense was still in the top half of the league with an average QB and a terrible OL. I don't think he was the issue last night at all. 

34 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Would anybody consider DeFilippo as QB coach or OC in Green Bay?

I just now realized he got fired after this when I checked Google lol. I was wondering what was going on with the conversations. Wow.

Just now, Toddfather said:

Holy hell I'm right there with you. That one is kind of a shocker to me. 

A guy at work is a Vikings fan and I came in from break and was like what the hell they fired their OC and he laughed like I was making it up. He was shocked too

3 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm calling it right now...its Shaw they're targeting. O.o

Trouble is Shaw might not have the credentials the NFL wants. It is known he doesn't want to leave the Bay area, so last year when the Niners job came available he wasn't even called for an interview for an NFL job in his backyard. Coupled with the fact that him and John Lynch are great family friends, you would think it would be a shoe in. Final thing going against Shaw is the predictable run based offence he runs which some don't find inventive enough, that don't sound like a fit.

Anyway I know f'all about Colege Football, that was a synopsis of this article, take it for what it is worth. I heard Shaw mentioned a lot wanted to know more than the face I see at draft time...

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/7425505-181/nevius-stanford-coach-david-shaw?sba=AAS

40 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Trouble is Shaw might not have the credentials the NFL wants. It is known he doesn't want to leave the Bay area, so last year when the Niners job came available he wasn't even called for an interview for an NFL job in his backyard. Coupled with the fact that him and John Lynch are great family friends, you would think it would be a shoe in. Final thing going against Shaw is the predictable run based offence he runs which some don't find inventive enough, that don't sound like a fit.

Anyway I know f'all about Colege Football, that was a synopsis of this article, take it for what it is worth. I heard Shaw mentioned a lot wanted to know more than the face I see at draft time...

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/7425505-181/nevius-stanford-coach-david-shaw?sba=AAS

Pretty sure John Lynch didn't do his HC search and that Shanny was hired before their GM. They knew who they wanted and went for him immediately. It was ALWAYS Shanny to SF 

21 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Pretty sure John Lynch didn't do his HC search and that Shanny was hired before their GM. They knew who they wanted and went for him immediately. It was ALWAYS Shanny to SF 

That's how I remember it but I'm a world class drunk so IDK

Archived