16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

7 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Exactly!  Anyone that says he's the same as Dom is in denial. I'd be crushed if he leaves. If Fangio is gone Nagy will grab Pettine in a heartbeat. Guys on the Bears board like Pettine over Fangio.

I just scanned and did not see that much at all. There was some praise of Petrine but if you read the “fangio thread” it actually has Bowles or Ed Donatell

Pettine is completely uninspiring to me.  The sacks mean nothing to me.  We were ranked high in sacks AND interceptions in all of Dom's years, too.  

Missing tackles, whiffing on sacks... How is that NOT on Pettine?  

Watch a Patriots game.  You ever see a Patriot miss a tackle?  Look at the JAGS they have, and yet they're top 10 again this year.

I don't give a **** about scheme.  Scheme does not matter.  COACHING matters in the NFL right now.  

Pettine really showed me nothing, and I think all the praise is people wanting to see something that wasn't there.  

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I really hope NE convinces McDaniels to stay, then Belichick retires at the end of the season, and McDaniels takes over and runs that franchise into the ground instead of the Packers.

What gives you that impression? I think the bad rap he got after the Denver job is still with a lot of people. That was ten years ago people can change over ten years. I think he got too cocky getting that job so young and had to eat some humble pie and grow up after he failed there. Plus this isn't the Bengals ownership he wouldn't get the chance to run this franchise into the ground because Murphy would send him packing in a hurry if things go south. That said McDaniels was always my # 1 choice from the start. His system will rein Rodgers in after becoming a greedy big play QB under Mac.

1 hour ago, Primo said:

Name one wide receiver that can stay on the field for the Patriots. Maybe some He does this out of necessity? And for those that think AR is somehow broken, perhaps you long for the day of Rich Whitehurst? Did AR have a great year? Not for Aaron  freaking Rodgers but probably top 6. Matt Ryan? Loser, Jared Goff? Finished poorly. Trubisky? Get back to me in a few years. Stafford and Cousins? Losers. Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen and Allen? Get back to me. 

With his flaws I still take him and so will GBP because the cap hit would never work

I believe you are thinking about DAVID Whitehurst.

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

What gives you that impression? I think the bad rap he got after the Denver job is still with a lot of people. That was ten years ago people can change over ten years. I think he got too cocky getting that job so young and had to eat some humble pie and grow up after he failed there. Plus this isn't the Bengals ownership he wouldn't get the chance to run this franchise into the ground because Murphy would send him packing in a hurry if things go south. That said McDaniels was always my # 1 choice from the start. His system will rein Rodgers in after becoming a greedy big play QB under Mac.

Again, look at how he handled the Indy situation and tell me that's a guy who has grown and matured. 

25 minutes ago, Primo said:

I just scanned and did not see that much at all. There was some praise of Petrine but if you read the “fangio thread” it actually has Bowles or Ed Donatell

Yeah they were talking about guys that were on the hot seat in that thread. They probably never thought Pettine would be in danger of losing his job after one year or his name would've been there also. But in other threads they say Fangio is too passive and admired Pettine's scheme over Fangios.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Again, look at how he handled the Indy situation and tell me that's a guy who has grown and matured. 

Handled it almost exactly like Billichick handled verbally accepting the Jets job before taking the NE gig. Learned from the best. 

Archived