16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Handled it almost exactly like Billicheck handled verbally accepting the Jets job before taking the NE gig. Learned from the best. 

I don't remember the Colts taking away McDaniels' HC job years earlier. 

I don't remember Belichick leaving his assistants high and dry. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't remember the Jets doing that to Belichick either although I could be wrong about that. I guess what you are saying is doing it for revenge is the grown up thing? 

I remember Belichick leaving his mentor, Bill Parcells high and dry after he arranged him getting the job. Guess that is OK. 

People do ****ty things. Get over it! 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It’s true they’re not really the same but Belichick is an A-hole and I could see him doing the same thing. In fact, I suspect he Lobbied McDaniels pretty hard to do what he did to Indy and stay in NE

1 minute ago, Primo said:

Does any body ask if Belichick has matured?

Exactly!!!  All that matters to me is that he can beat the Bears and Vikings and get this team back to the promise land. Funny we always wanted a Belichick and now that we're in the position to get someone like him we don't want him near GB lol.

Just now, Golfman said:

I don't remember the Jets doing that to Belichick either although I could be wrong about that. I guess what you are saying is doing it for revenge is the grown up thing? 

I remember Belichick leaving his mentor, Bill Parcells high and dry after he arranged him getting the job. Guess that is OK. 

People do ****ty things. Get over it! 

The Jets, wanted Parcells who was working for the Patriots in 97. But Parcells was under contract.

The Jets begrudgingly settled for Belichick. A week later, Parcells got out of his deal and Belichick got moved out of the head role into an assistant role.

With as much as Parcells and the Jets and everybody was screwing around back then, it was an entirely different thing.

+++

Parcells had left the Jets in 99. The only reason Belichick had the clause in his contract that he was the successor to Parcells was that the Jets dumped him down to an assistant after hiring him as the Head Coach. Parcells was gone.

Belichick didn't hire assistants and have them move out to New York, only to bail on them and potentially leave them jobless. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

It’s true they’re not really the same but Belichick is an A-hole and I could see him doing the same thing. In fact, I suspect he Lobbied McDaniels pretty hard to do what he did to Indy and stay in NE

Do you blame him? He knows Josh is an talented OC and possible great HC. Why would he want to face him in the playoffs every year?  Bill would love for Josh to take a job outside of the AFC.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Jets, wanted Parcells who was working for the Patriots in 97. But Parcells was under contract.

The Jets begrudgingly settled for Belichick. A week later, Parcells got out of his deal and Belichick got moved out of the head role into an assistant role.

With as much as Parcells and the Jets and everybody was screwing around back then, it was an entirely different thing.

+++

Parcells had left the Jets in 99. The only reason Belichick had the clause in his contract that he was the successor to Parcells was that the Jets dumped him down to an assistant after hiring him as the Head Coach. Parcells was gone.

Belichick didn't hire assistants and have them move out to New York, only to bail on them and potentially leave them jobless. 

I didn't remember that so thanks! 

Can't defend what McDaniels did and really don't care. Just like the players, most aren't Saints. Most are probably *******s when it comes down to it. Can he do the job is all I care about. 

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Gonna try and give him the pitch .. worth a shot.  He makes under 4 mil per at NW .. the Packers can double his pay.  I think his heart is at NW though ... he seems to think they can take that program higher after getting state of the art facilities recently. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I didn't remember that so thanks! 

Can't defend what McDaniels did and really don't care. Just like the players, most aren't Saints. Most are probably *******s when it comes down to it. Can he do the job is all I care about. 

And I guess my dilemma with McDaniels is, the man has a history of being socially inept to the point that he drives talented players away, and being self absorbed to the point that he losses his teams. 

Everyone is banking on that he's grown as a person and isn't going to do the same stuff anymore.

Then he does something like he did with Indy and it seriously raises the question as to whether that growth occurred. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gonna try and give him the pitch .. worth a shot.  He makes under 4 mil per at NW .. the Packers can double his pay.  I think his heart is at NW though ... he seems to think they can take that program higher after getting state of the art facilities recently. 

Just like ND the academic requirements will not allow them to get enough athletes. He's going to be yesterdays news next year and nobody will want him. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

And I guess my dilemma with McDaniels is, the man has a history of being socially inept to the point that he drives talented players away, and being self absorbed to the point that he losses his teams. 

Everyone is banking on that he's grown as a person and isn't going to do the same stuff anymore.

Then he does something like he did with Indy and it seriously raises the question as to whether that growth occurred. 

All fair points, and clearly what he did with Cutler in Denver wasn't well thought out, however; in hindsight he was absolutely right about the guy. You could be right and he may not be the right guy for the job. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Just like ND the academic requirements will not allow them to get enough athletes. He's going to be yesterdays news next year and nobody will want him. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sure dude.

Notre Dame is the school that won't let campus police talk to football players who are on their way to or from practice when they're being investigated for rape.

Notre Dame is the school that killed a kid because they wanted the endzone view of a ******* practice.

Notre Dame has no moral or ethical code at all. GTFO here with that nonsense. 

Archived