16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Only thing hateable about Notre Dame is the committee doesn't punish them for being too chicken **** to join a conference. 

You don't understand the economics of it do you? That, by the way is the same reason all of these 'power' conferences came into being, MONEY! You hate on ND because they are cashing in, big time, by being an independent and getting their own TV contract. 

Haters gonna hate! 

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't think this is as clear as you say.  

Brady had his highest passing yards in 2011 when McDaniels was in St Louis, and his second highest passer rating when in 2010 when McD was in Denver.

I don't see a clear change in Brady's stats while McD was gone.

McDaniels did great work in 2008 with Cassel after Brady went down tbh

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The difficulty in that situation is that no matter who is at fault, the season would suck...again.

Do you think Aaron Rodgers was part of the problem this year or not? If you do, then we need someone who will tell him to STFU and run the play the way it is supposed to be run and throw it to the check down rather than trying to make a big play every damned down. 

Aaron Rodgers was a big part of the problem this year. I don't think there is much dispute there. 

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And I guess my dilemma with McDaniels is, the man has a history of being socially inept to the point that he drives talented players away, and being self absorbed to the point that he losses his teams. 

Everyone is banking on that he's grown as a person and isn't going to do the same stuff anymore.

Then he does something like he did with Indy and it seriously raises the question as to whether that growth occurred. 

Examples? I’ve never read/heard of it.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

You don't understand the economics of it do you? That, by the way is the same reason all of these 'power' conferences came into being, MONEY! You hate on ND because they are cashing in, big time, by being an independent and getting their own TV contract. 

Haters gonna hate! 

I understand the economics plenty. Doesn't mean the NCAA isn't a horribly corrupt cesspool and the closest thing to a legalized cartel in the country. 

The NCAA is everything wrong with big government and Notre Dame is everything wrong with the Catholic church. Swirl them together and you have a concoction enjoyed by truly the most self righteous dickheads in the world. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Do you think Aaron Rodgers was part of the problem this year or not? If you do, then we need someone who will tell him to STFU and run the play the way it is supposed to be run and throw it to the check down rather than trying to make a big play every damned down. 

Aaron Rodgers was a big part of the problem this year. I don't think there is much dispute there. 

To me the issue is who can get the best performance out of the players- all of the players.

The fanbase is assuming it is Josh McDaniels.  Fair enough.  

I just think that there is uncertainty, and I just want the team to be careful vetting the issues and make sure they get the right guy.  McDaniels may be the guy, but there is enough in his history to say he may not.  I just don't have the level of certainty that others have.  Like I said a month ago, the issue is whether the problems McDaniels has had are baked into the personality, or something that he could learn from and correct.  It is something as fans we can't know, but we will find out based on how this plays out.

Pressure is on Gute/Murphy.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Examples? I’ve never read/heard of it.

Last up is publisher and editor-in-chief of Mile High Huddle, Chad Jensen:

The biggest issue with Josh McDaniels’ first go-round as an NFL head coach came down to power. Denver Owner Pat Bowlen gave McDaniels executive/personnel authority, which was too much for the inexperienced and immature coach.

McDaniels’ first order of business was to explore a trade for Denver’s former first round pick, Jay Cutler, who was coming off a Pro Bowl season in 2009. Cutler caught wind of the shenanigans, and the relationship with McDaniels and the Broncos deteriorated rapidly. Cutler was shipped to Chicago in exchange for a couple of first round picks, and quarterback Kyle Orton.

Alas, McDaniels squandered those picks, and the Kyle Orton experiment failed miserably in Denver. The franchise paid for McDaniels’ mistakes. During his tenure as head coach, McDaniels alienated every player in the locker room and most of his coaching staff, to the point that nobody was willing to fight for him.

By 2010, McDaniels’ second and final season, his message and vision had ultimately fallen on deaf ears because of how he treated people. My guess is that the he’s matured over the years, and hopefully has learned from his mistakes in Denver.

Any team who hires Josh McDaniels must guard against giving him too much power. There must be checks and balances for McDaniels, and in so doing, it should help him to become a more efficient head coach.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I understand the economics plenty. Doesn't mean the NCAA isn't a horribly corrupt cesspool and the closest thing to a legalized cartel in the country. 

The NCAA is everything wrong with big government and Notre Dame is everything wrong with the Catholic church. Swirl them together and you have a concoction enjoyed by truly the most self righteous dickheads in the world. 

We agree regarding the NCAA and to an extend the Catholic Church. Clearly we agree on big government always being the problem, but you post was incorrect in it's intend towards Notre Dame. There is no denying that. They aren't in a conference because of money. The economics don't work for basketball so they are in the Big East. 

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I understand the economics plenty. Doesn't mean the NCAA isn't a horribly corrupt cesspool and the closest thing to a legalized cartel in the country

You said the same thing about the NFL, LOL.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

You said the same thing about the NFL, LOL.

Did I? Well I am a drama queen.

NCAA is worse than the NFL. At least in the NFL players get paid, and real police investigate players when they commit crimes rather than helping the university cover them up. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

NCAA is worse than the NFL. At least in the NFL players get paid, and real police investigate players when they commit crimes rather than helping the university cover them up. 

I very much dislike the NCAA as well.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you talking about Notre Dame or Michigan? Or every team in the SEC? 

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Last up is publisher and editor-in-chief of Mile High Huddle, Chad Jensen:

The biggest issue with Josh McDaniels’ first go-round as an NFL head coach came down to power. Denver Owner Pat Bowlen gave McDaniels executive/personnel authority, which was too much for the inexperienced and immature coach.

McDaniels’ first order of business was to explore a trade for Denver’s former first round pick, Jay Cutler, who was coming off a Pro Bowl season in 2009. Cutler caught wind of the shenanigans, and the relationship with McDaniels and the Broncos deteriorated rapidly. Cutler was shipped to Chicago in exchange for a couple of first round picks, and quarterback Kyle Orton.

Alas, McDaniels squandered those picks, and the Kyle Orton experiment failed miserably in Denver. The franchise paid for McDaniels’ mistakes. During his tenure as head coach, McDaniels alienated every player in the locker room and most of his coaching staff, to the point that nobody was willing to fight for him.

By 2010, McDaniels’ second and final season, his message and vision had ultimately fallen on deaf ears because of how he treated people. My guess is that the he’s matured over the years, and hopefully has learned from his mistakes in Denver.

Any team who hires Josh McDaniels must guard against giving him too much power. There must be checks and balances for McDaniels, and in so doing, it should help him to become a more efficient head coach.

So Cutler in denver ?

Archived