16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Just now, Chili said:

Friday - McDaniels interview

Saturday - Fly to New Orleans to interview Campbell

Sunday - Flores

How are we all feeling about the head coaching search so far? Are we liking Campbell or Flores? I would like to see us kick the tires on Toub, Richard and Zac Taylor.

I have zero interest in anyone other than offensive coach at this point.

Just now, Chili said:

Friday - McDaniels interview

Saturday - Fly to New Orleans to interview Campbell

Sunday - Flores interview

How are we all feeling about the head coaching search so far? Are we liking Campbell or Flores? I would like to see us kick the tires on Toub, Richard and Zac Taylor.

I am out on Toub. Chris Ballard worked with him in Kansas City and did not interview him either pre or post McDaniels.  Plus I think we need someone with either OC or SC experience. My preference is OC.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

That is a tempting offer Anon. However.....based on a combination not knowing the bulk of these HC candidates - not overly excited about this Northwestern guy (who's already dissed the Packers) and thinking we need somebody with the b*** to put Mr. AR in his place - I've decided to cast the past aside (or at least let my opinions rest easy.....) - and let the future decide my thoughts.

I'd prefer McDaniels get hired as HC.

Perhaps you can come up with a second offer? We seem to wandered on to the same destination regards McDaniels - but the allure of your never posting here again....is enticing! LOL :)

Lol, I'll be sad if I can no longer talk football here. But I'm not real worried about that happening. McDaniels is gonna be the guy so you're stuck with me.

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Not totally sold on McDaniels ... don't know much about him.  However, I do think he had way to much power as you provided in your post.  In Green Bay, he would just coach and Gute in charge of personnel.  It must be that way for any new coach coming in,.

How long until you're having a power struggle then? 

Coaches will always need to have say in the draft and free agent processes

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This article about McDaniels gave me some comfort.  One can only hope that he has learned from past failures.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/01/19/patriots-josh-mcdaniels-smart-innovative-forward-thinking/1045462001/#/questions

Two words from that article matter above all others...

Offensive Genius

Two words with multiple apt meanings.

39 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This article about McDaniels gave me some comfort.  One can only hope that he has learned from past failures.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/01/19/patriots-josh-mcdaniels-smart-innovative-forward-thinking/1045462001/#/questions

It's McDaniels or bust for me, don't want any college guys or defensive coaches. Lets hire McDaniels, retain Pettine, take back the North and grab the Owl!!!!

Archived