16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

9 minutes ago, SSG said:

He’s liked in New England where he has very little power and not much say. In Denver his players hated him. His front office hated him. His assistant coaches hated him. He was a horrid personnel guy and event worse of a coach. Not often that franchises have to blow everything up and start from scratch and that is exactly what Denver had to do when they made themistake of hiring that POS. He was trash in Denver and he was trash this last off-season when he had no issue leaving a half dozen assistant coaches out on the street because they made the mistake of believing in lying piece of garbage. The guys been a huge failure in every single instance he wasn’t under BB’s thumb/ control (both Denver and St. Louis where his offense was the worst in the NFL... 32nd in points/ 31st in yards). I’ll lose a lot of repespect for the franchise if they decide that something like character doesn’t matter. As far as coaches go, there is no bigger scum bag In coaching than Josh McDaniels and he’s shown in on multiple occasions with his putrid treatment of player, coaches and front office personnel. 

Why is there a whole group of position coaches around the league ready to join him if he's this POS scumbag everyone hates? 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why is there a whole group of position coaches around the league ready to join him if he's this POS scumbag everyone hates? 

First, you’ve got no idea if that’s true. Second, who knows? Probably the same reason coaches made the mistake of taking him for his word last year before he spit in their face. Money is money. Say what you want but Denver had to blow that organization up and it’s becuae of Josh McDaniels. He was hated by the entire organization from the top down and has been a giant failure in every instance he wasn’t under Bill’s thumb. Its unfortunate that character doesn’t matter and McDaniels has shown he’s got none in both Denver and last year when he had no issues leaving those assistant coaches on the street. 

I mean, can you name a head coach who couldn’t find assistants? Does that mean every single coach who’s ever coached in the league is a great dude that everyone likes? 

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

First, you’ve got no idea if that’s true. Second, who knows? Probably the same reason coaches made the mistake of taking him for his word last year before he spit in their face. Money is money. Say what you want but Denver had to blow that organization up and it’s becuae of Josh McDaniels. He was hated by the entire organization from the top down and has been a giant failure in every instance he wasn’t under Bill’s thumb. Its unfortunate that character doesn’t matter and McDaniels has shown he’s got none in both Denver and last year when he had no issues leaving those assistant coaches on the street. 

I mean, can you name a head coach who couldn’t find assistants? Does that mean every single coach who’s ever coached in the league is a great dude that everyone likes? 

I find it a little strange you call Ray out for "having no idea" after your previous post full of assumptions (and straight-up incorrect facts) about McDaniel's Indy situation.

26 minutes ago, SSG said:

I’m jumping in here to give you my thoughts.  You’re obviously entitled to your opinion of McDaniels, but let me ask, are you infallible?  Or, are you like the rest of humanity and have made your fair share of mistakes in life but have learned from them and moved on?

You talk about his character relative to the Indy situation.  Unfortunate yes, but do you know the whole story?  Do you know more of the story than Gute might know?  The Denver situation was just as much Bowlin’s fault for giving a 32 year old kid way too much authority before he was ready.  That was a train wreck waiting to happen to just about anyone in that situation at that age.

You might want to start considering how you’ll reconcile a potential McDaniels hire to GB.  I wasn’t all that crazy about him either initially, even though I literally brought his name up as a potential candidate first in this forum several months ago.  You and others gave me endless **** for it, and that’s fine, but apparently others inside 1265 think differently about the guy, and I trust their intel.  

Like him or hate him, he might be our new head coach.  You can knash your teeth, pound your keyboard, and be miserable - that’s your prerogative.

45 minutes ago, SSG said:

Its been reported by multiple putlets that position coaches are clamoring at a chance to coach with McDaniels. Its not like Ray made this up from no where. Lets not pretend that the media isnt dialed in to whats going on in the NFL just because it fits your agenda.

What he did to Indy isnt your concern and no one aside from McDaniels understands what happened qith tbat situation but you have to believe that when he made that decision that 1) it wasnt one he made lightly and 2) He had a good reason behind it that was and most likely is a selfish one. However, the NFL is a business and just like a franchise does a coach needs to look out for them and their future above anything else.

Are you hating the Cardinals right now because they didnt even really give Wilks a chance with arguably the worst roster in the league and are making him uproot his family on a 1 and done contract? Probably not.

You honestly hold a grudge against someone for things you have no business holding a grudge against him for. He didnt slight you.. youre just being unreasonable and echoing comments from fan bases he slighted. It doesnt make you opinionated it makes you a follower. Kudos.

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Its been reported by multiple putlets that position coaches are clamoring at a chance to coach with McDaniels. Its not like Ray made this up from no where. Lets not pretend that the media isnt dialed in to whats going on in the NFL just because it fits your agenda.

What he did to Indy isnt your concern and no one aside from McDaniels understands what happened qith tbat situation but you have to believe that when he made that decision that 1) it wasnt one he made lightly and 2) He had a good reason behind it that was and most likely is a selfish one. However, the NFL is a business and just like a franchise does a coach needs to look out for them and their future above anything else.

Are you hating the Cardinals right now because they didnt even really give Wilks a chance with arguably the worst roster in the league and are making him uproot his family on a 1 and done contract? Probably not.

You honestly hold a grudge against someone for things you have no business holding a grudge against him for. He didnt slight you.. youre just being unreasonable and echoing comments from fan bases he slighted. It doesnt make you opinionated it makes you a follower. Kudos.

Gotta say. I disagree with almost all of that

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gotta say. I disagree with almost all of that

Gotta say I dont really care lol. Anyone that hates on McDaniels for something that happened 9 years ago or for a situation they dont ynderstand and can only speculate on with Indy is of no concern of mine.

To be skeptical? I can understand that. To hate the guy is childs play. 

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Gotta say I dont really care lol. Anyone that hates on McDaniels for something that happened 9 years ago or for a situation they dont ynderstand and can only speculate on with Indy is of no concern of mine.

To be skeptical? I can understand that. To hate the guy is childs play. 

Turning a blind eye to an obvious pattern of behavior is much worse if you ask me

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Turning a blind eye to an obvious pattern of behavior is much worse if you ask me

Theres a huge difference with struggling to be a GM and HC in the NFL without letting it get to your head at the age of 32 and making a selfish business decision that you feel is best for you in the long run (Something we would all do) -- thats not a pattern. 

Josh McDaniels is a bright NFL mind and has the ability to run a cutting edge offense and groom QBs two things we need both in the present and in the future.

I would be skeptically excited to have the guy in Green Bay. If you guys want to down right hate the hire over it be my guest but imo its ignorant to hate someone over something you dont understand. Jmo

32 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Theres a huge difference with struggling to be a GM and HC in the NFL without letting it get to your head at the age of 32 and making a selfish business decision that you feel is best for you in the long run (Something we would all do) -- thats not a pattern. 

Not in a million years do I make a commitment that involves numerous other collegues lives and careers and then back out leaving them twisting in the wind. There is no excuse that validates that. None. And if there was one, which there isn't, we would have heard it by now. He has had a year to give us this golden excuse that magically absolves him of all responsibility.  If he were rumored to be going to Detroit or Minnesota, Packer fans wouldn't be turning the other cheek. Rodgers had a busted knee as an excuse, and was burned at the stake. Yet McDaniels gets a free pass ?? Sad.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I feel like you're vouching for Philbin, Caldwell or Munchak with the whole locker room melding thing, but then everyone will want to kill Murphy if it's either one of them.

There's no way to know if Fitz, Flores or Lafleur could handle these situations either.

Could be (and probably are....) way off base - but I'm just not making this Northwestern to kick *** in GB leap.

And....somebody a few days ago make comment about LaFleur's eyebrows.....and DAMN if I cant get that thought out of my head!
Every time I hear him mentioned - do I think play calling ability (?) play design and scheme? No. Its those damn eyebrows! HA!

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Not in a million years do I make a commitment that involves numerous other collegues lives and careers and then back out leaving them twisting in the wind. There is no excuse that validates that. None. And if there was one, which there isn't, we would have heard it by now. He has had a year to give us this golden excuse that magically absolves him of all responsibility.  If he were rumored to be going to Detroit or Minnesota, Packer fans wouldn't be turning the other cheek. Rodgers had a busted knee as an excuse, and was burned at the stake. Yet McDaniels gets a free pass ?? Sad.

Let's just agree to disagree okay? You're not going to change my opinion and I'm not going to change yours. I already said I'd be "SKEPTICALLY excited" the skepticism coming from his past actions -- that's not a free pass. I just opt not to hate a guy that I don't know the entire situation for. You're welcome to be petty and do that though.

So I read the article that was posted in this thread about McDaniels.  It sounds like he might be truly ready to be a HC (he wasn't his first time around) if that article is accurate.  The Patriots offense in GB sure would be nice.  If he does get hired here, I really hope he's able to bring Flores with him, although I doubt that would happen.

I'm so back and forth on the guy.  I'm just going to trust that Murphy and Gute will make the right call.  I actually think the two of them making the decision together will be a good thing.

Archived