16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, that is good to hear.  I've wondered how good of a fit they were for one another .. Bedard should have good insight there. Rodgers says he wants to be coached and challenged .. maybe someone will actually do it.

I don't think Aaron is this uncoachable diva at all either.  

I dont think McDaniels is an option for Cleveland.  They want to keep Kitchens as OC, and maybe as HC.  I think its back to NE or GB for McDaniel, and I think he's going to GB if offered.  Why interview if you werent interested, and why would you want to be the coach to follow Bellichick's legacy in NE and likely without Brady?  He can start his own in GB.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think McDaniels is an option for Cleveland.  They want to keep Kitchens as OC, and maybe as HC.  I think its back to NE or GB for McDaniel, and I think he's going to GB if offered.  Why interview if you werent interested, and why would you want to be the coach to follow Bellichick's legacy in NE and likely without Brady?  He can start his own in GB.

I agree. They would essentially be moving on from the guy who groomed Baker so far and has already had success with him. Shoot if McDaniels somehow went to CLE, I'd want GB to look at Kitchens in some capacity.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I agree. They would essentially be moving on from the guy who groomed Baker so far and has already had success with him. Shoot if McDaniels somehow went to CLE, I'd want GB to look at Kitchens in some capacity.

Agree with you and @NFLGURU.  I'm just not buying that Cleveland is where McD lands, and I'm half wondering if they (Clev) will offer Kitchens the job, just because of what he's done/doing with Mayfield.  Probably too soon for him to take over as HC, but maybe not.

Never got the hype over Arians.  He's basically a grumpy old man who had loads of talent and then when the talent dried up, he kinda just sucked. 

Buccaneers are a joke when it comes to getting the right head coach.  Instead of admitting Jameis Winston is not a franchise QB, they just keep firing head coaches to fix him. 

It's also everything I've been saying about firing a head coach because he becomes "stale."  Don't believe that at all.  Head coaches struggle because your talent starts to suck.  They fired Gruden after two consecutive 9-7 finishes (the last of which got them to the playoffs) and they've gone 10 years without a playoff berth. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Never got the hype over Arians.  He's basically a grumpy old man who had loads of talent and then when the talent dried up, he kinda just sucked. 

Buccaneers are a joke when it comes to getting the right head coach.  Instead of admitting Jameis Winston is not a franchise QB, they just keep firing head coaches to fix him. 

It's also everything I've been saying about firing a head coach because he becomes "stale."  Don't believe that at all.  Head coaches struggle because your talent starts to suck.  They fired Gruden after two consecutive 9-7 finishes (the last of which got them to the playoffs) and they've gone 10 years without a playoff berth. 

I actually thought the Arians to Cleveland thing would gain a lot of steam because of his connection to Kitchens. I figured they'd bring in Arians, retain Kitchens and have a pretty good combo there. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

i really hope thats not the Packers in 10 years.

After going back and forth over McDaniels, I've decided against him. I think he will be at odds with Rodgers. I don't like the cheating in his past, or the various rumours that guys working for him hated him. The relations with his staff may improve as he matures, but that cheating side to his nature, I don't think that will change and I never, ever want to see a Packer head coach accused of cheating. Yes, that means we don't get the innovation he could bring, and that is a loss, but I'm going the 'no' route. I'd rather a less risky pick like LaFleur, than him.

Just now, gopackgo247 said:

i really hope thats not the Packers in 10 years.

I have faith that the Packers won't make bad hires.  We might not have the best hires, but the Packers will be competitive over the next 4 years based on Rodgers and our strong draft capital this year. 

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

After going back and forth over McDaniels, I've decided against him. I think he will be at odds with Rodgers. I don't like the cheating in his past, or the various rumours that guys working for him hated him. The relations with his staff may improve as he matures, but that cheating side to his nature, I don't think that will change and I never, ever want to see a Packer head coach accused of cheating. Yes, that means we don't get the innovation he could bring, and that is a loss, but I'm going the 'no' route. I'd rather a less risky pick like LaFleur, than him.

When did he cheat? If thats the backbone of your resson to why not, I'm going to encourage you into doing some research on that and then reconsidering.

Secondly, Tom Brady reslly respects JMD and is a future HoF QB that happens to be friends with Aaron. If those two can make it work certainly Aaron and JMD can.

Thirdly, if so many coaches hate working under him then why is it being reported by numerous outlets that many assistants are clamoring at an opportunity to coach with him if he comes to GB? You would think in a relatively small work field where everyone knows beryone that wouldnt be the case eh?

Archived