16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

When did he cheat? If thats the backbone of your resson to why not, I'm going to encourage you into doing some research on that and then reconsidering.

Secondly, Tom Brady really respects JMD and is a future HoF QB that happens to be friends with Aaron. If those two can make it work certainly Aaron and JMD can.

Thirdly, if so many coaches hate working under him then why is it being reported by numerous outlets that many assistants are clamoring at an opportunity to coach with him if he comes to GB? You would think in a relatively small work field where everyone knows beryone that wouldnt be the case eh?

He got caught and fined for cheating in Denver.  Being a horrid coach and talent elevator wasn't the only reason he was let go.  That black eye he brought onto the franchise for cheating was the final nail in his coffin and ended up being the reason he didn't make it through his second season.

I'm sure the list of coaches Tom Brady respects is hundreds of names long.  That and that alone doesn't make someone a quality coaching candidate IMO.  After all this is a guy who was horrid in his only 2 opportunities away from the comforts of Bill Belichick's offense. 

Can we name a head coach in NFL history who wasn't able to hire assistants?  I keep seeing this as a positive when I can't think of one single coach who ever had to go into a season without a full staff because of an inability to find assistants.  

11 hours ago, Norm said:

What did it say, doesn't work now

Nothing that hasn't already been said, or already discussed.  We've already heard rumors about how New England is planning on moving forward without McDaniels, and the only job he's really been heavily linked to is Green Bay.  And it's been rumored that Adam Gase was viewed highly by the Packers' coaching staff.  Nothing Arrigo said is groundbreaking.  Gase and McDaniels have been viewed as the favorite to begin with.  The Saints' duo of Carmichael and Campbell are probably both intriguing as well, but they're probably in that second tier.  Flores is probably the only defensive coach they'd consider, but I don't think they'd hire him as HC.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I'm assuming probably not until NE is out or maybe between the AFCCG and Super Bowl if Patriots are still alive. 

I'm 99.9% sure this is correct. As long as NE stays alive, he can interview again in the week following the AFCCG up until the Sunday prior to the Super Bowl. And he can't be officially hired until the Pats are eliminated.

8 minutes ago, SSG said:

He got caught and fined for cheating in Denver.  Being a horrid coach and talent elevator wasn't the only reason he was let go.  That black eye he brought onto the franchise for cheating was the final nail in his coffin and ended up being the reason he didn't make it through his second season.

I'm sure the list of coaches Tom Brady respects is hundreds of names long.  That and that alone doesn't make someone a quality coaching candidate IMO.  After all this is a guy who was horrid in his only 2 opportunities away from the comforts of Bill Belichick's offense. 

Can we name a head coach in NFL history who wasn't able to hire assistants?  I keep seeing this as a positive when I can't think of one single coach who ever had to go into a season without a full staff because of an inability to find assistants.  

Actually, wrong. His video operations director got caught cheating and in fact, he tried to give the tape to JMD who > REFUSED < to look at it. JMD's wrongdoing was protecting his video operations manager by not reporting it and THAT is what he got fined for. Not for "cheating". 

If you're using coaches hating coaching under him, then yes we're gonna use coaches clamoring to coach under him as a counter argument as it logically fits. What did you expect us to say? Well yeah, coaches may hate working under him but I hear he eats lucky charms for breakfast and that's a win for me! *Rollseyes*

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope this ends soon!  When can McDaniels return to GB for the 2nd interview?

I agree.  I can't stand the idea of hiring Josh McDaniels but I'd just assume we get this over with ASAP regardless if we hire the scumbag or not. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm 99.9% sure this is correct. As long as NE stays alive, he can interview again in the week following the AFCCG up until the Sunday prior to the Super Bowl. And he can't be officially hired until the Pats are eliminated.

I think this is the case as well.  I think there's a small window that starts after the game and lasts roughly 24 hours where players and coaches are "free" to do what they want.  They can't officially hire him until after the season is over though.

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

He got caught and fined for cheating in Denver.

Just the facts:

He was fined, yes. But the investigation also revealed that he was not complicit in obtaining or using the video that the employee collected:

In addition, the investigation found that when Scarnecchia offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the coach replied, "No, I'm not doing that." Scarnecchia said he didn't show the tape to any other staff member.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5855075

Archived