16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I bet you're the type of guy who hosts a party with chips soda and a little c-span. I'm going to need you to take that less seriously and live a little thanks.

No not at all. Have never even watched a minute of c-span to be honest haha.

I get you’re joking and doing it in jest.

The issue is others aren’t. Hence why people want a Harbaugh or Arians type. I’m just illustrating if you want Rodgers on this team and playing nice... getting a dude that is like that isn’t going to work.

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I bet you're the type of guy who hosts a party with chips soda and a little c-span. I'm going to need you to take that less seriously and live a little thanks.

rather that than the party with the guy who randomly brings up aaron hernandez double murderer for no friggin reason... yeesh.  Gimme the C-Span and RC Cola.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

rather that than the party with the guy who randomly brings up aaron hernandez double murderer for no friggin reason... yeesh.  Gimme the C-Span and RC Cola.

better that than the guy who randomly invites Aaron Hernandez to a party you're at. yeesh. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

The bigger issue is Rodgers is too smart for the traditionalist football coaches good.

It was the same talk with Rosen this year and why Rodgers likes him. You want Rodgers on board? Get a guy smarter then him... not just having more experience. But legit smarter.

Rodgers is going to say “f u” to any guy he thinks he is smarter than. It’s why I think the QB coach they hired was bad... because he screams, just do your job type. Don’t ask questions, because honestly I don’t have answers... just that’s how they use to do it and they won championships that way... so it’s proven.

They need a guy that is going to challenge Rodgers in the classroom. Because Rodgers will feel like he has something to learn.

I think you nailed it actually.  It's no surprise that in week 9, Rodgers went up to Belichick after the game and told him point blank, "You're the best!"  Rodgers respects intellect, and probably loathes incompetence.  If he thinks he's smarter than his coach, well, forget about it.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think you nailed it actually.  It's no surprise that in week 9, Rodgers went up to Belichick after the game and told him point blank, "You're the best!"  Rodgers respects intellect, and probably loathes incompetence.  If he thinks he's smarter than his coach, well, forget about it.

That's probably why some here like me and some here hate me 😂

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

The bigger issue is Rodgers is too smart for the traditionalist football coaches good. It was the same talk with Rosen this year and why Rodgers likes him. You want Rodgers on board? Get a guy smarter then him... not just having more experience. But legit smarter. Rodgers is going to say “f u” to any guy he thinks he is smarter than.

I'd imagine he may be smarter than Zimmer - but he damn well wouldnt be telling him to "f off" cause Zimmer would throw it right back in his face when asking:
"WTF were you doing on that play?"

I dont buy this "football is an intellectual exercise" crap. AR holds his intellect in high regard? Good for him. Hold his playing performance to it as well then. 

27 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

By the way....you sure that was AR telling BB that (?) or the other way around? Think I may have seen that tape and heard it - and had the impression BB was throwing flowers ARs way.
Could be wrong though. Didnt pay it close attention.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd imagine he may be smarter than Zimmer - but he damn well wouldnt be telling him to "f off" cause Zimmer would throw it right back in his face when asking:
"WTF were you doing on that play?"

I dont buy this "football is an intellectual exercise" crap. AR holds his intellect in high regard? Good for him. Hold his playing performance to it as well then. 

And you've just explained exactly why Rodgers and Mac didn't work well together - hence, Green19's point.  Think in terms of a more cerebral, cunning, no BS guy like Belichick, and less like your typical macho football kind of guy.  Both styles are capable and can command respect, but to different audiences.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

By the way....you sure that was AR telling BB that (?) or the other way around? Think I may have seen that tape and heard it - and had the impression BB was throwing flowers ARs way.
Could be wrong though. Didnt pay it close attention.

NO - it was definitely Rodgers going out of his way after the game to pour praise on BB.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

And you've just explained exactly why Rodgers and Mac didn't work well together - hence, Green19's point.  Think in terms of a more cerebral, cunning, no BS guy like Belichick, and less like your typical macho football kind of guy.  Both styles are capable and can command respect, but to different audiences.

I actually understood the concept of green19s post. I am not giving AR a pass for the drop in his on the field performance - based on some "cerebral" disconnect with MM.

Archived