16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Yeah, it really can't be Philbin.  All of Green Bay needs a reboot the same way we did when we brought McCarthy in. 

It's the only reason I don't want Pettine back.  I don't want anything carrying over from this year. 

I want literally every single coach to be different. 

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, it really can't be Philbin.  All of Green Bay needs a reboot the same way we did when we brought McCarthy in. 

It's the only reason I don't want Pettine back.  I don't want anything carrying over from this year. 

I want literally every single coach to be different. 

Nah. May not be likely but I want Campen back and Pettine too. Patrick can stay too.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

We're not hiring Philbin. To fire a good coach like Mac it's because you want to switch things up schematically. To run the same scheme and switch to a lesser coach would be one of the downright dumbest things I've ever seen.

Rodgers doesn't want that either, he's just being PC with the media regarding Philbin.

Packers were an epic 15 minute stretch from Aaron Rodgers, a long overdue benefit from a couple calls, and a near terrible offensive meltdown from losing to the "G#d D*** Jets." If Packers lose that game, nobody in their right mind should even be considering Philbin coaching this team next year. Well, even with that result on Sunday....still nobody should be considering Philbin coaching this team next year. Ya its fine and dandy the team didn't quit, but professional athletes who get paid to play this game should never quit. Point being, there is nothing Philbin showed during that game Sunday, or during any of the games before that, that should point to him being the next official head coach of the Packers. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

We're not hiring Philbin. To fire a good coach like Mac it's because you want to switch things up schematically. To run the same scheme and switch to a lesser coach would be one of the downright dumbest things I've ever seen.

This is true - and I alluded to such in my first post about the possibility. Switching from a very successful HC to a lesser successful HC - doesnt make much sense.

But the scheme you refer to would change with the hiring of somebody like this Taylor guy - to run the offense.

I wouldnt want Philbin on his own and running the offense and I personally dont think we need a scheme change on defense.

22 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No they didnt.  Toub left after 2012 when Lovie was fired and went to KC with Reid.  Gase came in in 2015 when Fox was hired.  To the best of my knowledge the 2 havent crossed paths.

You are correct, that was already pointed out to me.  Thanks thou!

3 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I agree that Philbin isn't the next HC, but, would you consider him as Asst. HC/OL if they hire a college coach?  I think he's done his best work in Green Bay when he was the OL coach.

He was Offensice line coach in 2006 and they missed the playoffs. Associate Line coach 2004-5 and the OC from 2007-2011.

He is not a head coach and won’t be here in my opinion

1 minute ago, Primo said:

He was Offensice line coach in 2006 and they missed the playoffs. Associate Line coach 2004-5 and the OC from 2007-2011.

He is not a head coach and won’t be here in my opinion

Your probably right my friend, your probably right.

Archived