16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Whoa, can’t drop the full R in 2018.

In that context you can.  Josh McDaniels is socially retarded.  That's not some vulgar, cheap or insensitive use of the word retard.  The literal definition of retard is:

-less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

That is one hundred percent accurate to McDaniels.  He does not have any social ability.  He does not understand social interactions with people, and I'm not even trying to be mean, insensitive or insulting.  It's just a cold hard fact.  He is not developed socially.  I am 100% serious when I say that McDaniels is probably on the spectrum.  Again, that is NOT an insensitive use of the terminology. 

It is his one drawback.  His interpersonal skills are stunted, not developed = retarded. 

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I will believe your defense of Fitzgerald if you can point to a single solitary head coach who has had success in the NFL without ever coaching in the NFL.  If you can't find one single example, I'm going to need more than scouts liking him to convince me Fitzgerald is the one exception. 

I'm going to need an example of Fitzgerald having Professor X abilities or something. 

Outpost31, I would have to agree with you.  I have said from day one, after MM was fired, I don't see any college coach without some NFL background being offered the Packers HC job.  I can't see Rodgers listening or the other players listening to someone with no pro experience.  I never often agree with you, but you are right on track here.

Just now, jleisher said:

Outpost31, I would have to agree with you.  I have said from day one, after MM was fired, I don't see any college coach without some NFL background being offered the Packers HC job.  I can't see Rodgers listening or the other players listening to someone with no pro experience.  I never often agree with you, but you right on track here.

Yup. It's about credibility. Without that the room is lost.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Why not the OC in CLE? Kitchens 

I would have no problem with calling him up and talking.  He might be one of those hires a year to early, or your to late type of hires.  Hope that made sense, a little slow this morning.

I'm hesitant on McDaniels. but one thing I keep thinking about is that the Colts went thru the whole process with the guy and felt confident enough to offer him their head coaching job.  Chris Ballard is a sharp young GM and he was impressed enough to make that guy their head coach.  That at least gives me some comfort.  

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

I would have no problem with calling him up and talking.  He might be one of those hires a year to early, or your to late type of hires.  Hope that made sense, a little slow this morning.

Kitchens could be the aim highest type candidate.   Might be biggest gap from boom or bust.

Might need to do some more digging in on him.

Archived