Would You Trade Pick 15 + For OBJ?

pnies20

Would you trade pick 15 + a 2020 2nd and 5th for Odell Beckham Jr?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade pick 15 + a 2020 2nd and 5th for Odell Beckham Jr?

• Yes
    • No

Watching all these games with playoff caliber teams, it's obvious that a great QB/WR marriage can be a great equalizer. Look how easily the chargers handled us. Yet Ben can sling it to brown or smith schuster at will. We need a true #1. So would you trade pick 15 this year and some picks in 2020 for OBJ should Dorsey be able to persuade Gettleman that we should get a deal for taking on his huge contract? It's also a fact that they need picks to rebuild.

An offseason could look like this:

trade 15+ for OBJ

Sign one of the following:

Demarcus Lawrence

Frank Clark

Dante Fowler 

Jadeveon Clowney 

Draft:

2. Whatever DT/OT falls or trade up a bit for one that we have rated highly 

3. CB/Irv Smith Jr.

3. Shaquille Quarterman

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Watching all these games with playoff caliber teams, it's obvious that a great QB/WR marriage can be a great equalizer. Look how easily the chargers handled us. Yet Ben can sling it to brown or smith schuster at will. We need a true #1. So would you trade pick 15 this year and some picks in 2020 for OBJ should Dorsey be able to persuade Gettleman that we should get a deal for taking on his huge contract? It's also a fact that they need picks to rebuild.

An offseason could look like this:

trade 15+ for OBJ

Sign one of the following:

Demarcus Lawrence

Frank Clark

Dante Fowler 

Jadeveon Clowney 

Draft:

2. Whatever DT/OT falls or trade up a bit for one that we have rated highly 

3. CB/Irv Smith Jr.

3. Shaquille Quarterman

Not without a restructuring of that contract. We’re already paying Landry #1 WR money. OBJ and Landry would kill us in the future when other guys need contracts. If OBJ was the missing piece I’d say go for it but we’re still a year or two away from chasing championships

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Not without a restructuring of that contract. We’re already paying Landry #1 WR money. OBJ and Landry would kill us in the future when other guys need contracts. If OBJ was the missing piece I’d say go for it but we’re still a year or two away from chasing championships

We’ve got about 50M in cap next year and even more if we cut some dead weight like Collins. Money isn’t an issue. And we’re 3 years away from having to pay Myles or baker so spend the money now while we can. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’ve got about 50M in cap next year and even more if we cut some dead weight like Collins. Money isn’t an issue. 

I know but Time is an issue and we have a very young and inexperienced team. We still have multiple opening that need addressed. In an ideal world if we really wanted to trade our first for obj I hope it’s after we traded down to the mid 20s picked up some extra picks and added some more young guys. 

Trade down to 20s range pick up another 2nd and 5th possible future picks. Trade for obj still have two seconds two thirds. Multiple 5ths to move around. 

14 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I know but Time is an issue and we have a very young and inexperienced team. We still have multiple opening that need addressed. In an ideal world if we really wanted to trade our first for obj I hope it’s after we traded down to the mid 20s picked up some extra picks and added some more young guys. 

Trade down to 20s range pick up another 2nd and 5th possible future picks. Trade for obj still have two seconds two thirds. Multiple 5ths to move around. 

We could very well be a playoff team next year with the right coach and a couple pieces. OBJ could absolutely be that final piece for the offense. The time is now. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I thought ny couldn’t trade him because of cap and crap. 

How many times we got to relive this?

They couldn't trade him this year because they were barely under the cap it would have cost them a lot. Next year they would pretty much break even with his salary and the cap hit for trading him so it would be possible.

Archived