Would You Trade Pick 15 + For OBJ?

pnies20

Would you trade pick 15 + a 2020 2nd and 5th for Odell Beckham Jr?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade pick 15 + a 2020 2nd and 5th for Odell Beckham Jr?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Just because something happen or didn’t happen in the past. Doesn’t mean that’s how it has to be

Not only that but it doesn’t show that having one is the reason they didn’t win the super bowl. There’s too many variables in football to say anything for sure.

Yes, WR is a need, but with the needs we still have on Defense, and this FO's skill at drafting, I'd rather grab a few players with those picks rather than one guy who is a superstar but who I question whether his attitude/personality would be a good fit in our locker room.

14 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Yes, WR is a need, but with the needs we still have on Defense, and this FO's skill at drafting, I'd rather grab a few players with those picks rather than one guy who is a superstar but who I question whether his attitude/personality would be a good fit in our locker room.

Yes. Exactly right.

17 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Feel like he would fit right on with jarvis and Baker. 

Yeah there needs to be improviement. Getting him greatly improves everyone on the offense. Makes Baker better, Jarvis better, Njoku better, Chubb better, and Duke better. 

Helps take the passing attack to another level and makes the run game better because teams shouldn’t stack the box

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Feel like he would fit right on with jarvis and Baker. 

Yeah there needs to be improviement. Getting him greatly improves everyone on the offense. Makes Baker better, Jarvis better, Njoku better, Chubb better, and Duke better. 

Helps take the passing attack to another level and makes the run game better because teams shouldn’t stack the box

And you are right but what we are sacraficing to do so would be a first round pick, probably a 2nd as well, and salary space to sign an elite player. We are essentially giving up potential to add 3 impact players to 1. Plus the fact of handcuffing ourselves with over $165 million in the next 5 years to two WRs....

50 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

And you are right but what we are sacraficing to do so would be a first round pick, probably a 2nd as well, and salary space to sign an elite player. We are essentially giving up potential to add 3 impact players to 1. Plus the fact of handcuffing ourselves with over $165 million in the next 5 years to two WRs....

Jarvis and OBJ won’t see those entire contracts. C’mon. 

3 impact players to 1? I highly doubt they will draft someone who will be as big of an impact as OBJ. He is a HoF caliber WR in the prime of his career. He can greatly help baker develop because he has a trusted go to #1 WR. Why draft a guy and hope he developed into a legit #1 WR. 

This browns team doesn’t need 2-3 more rookies. They need talent and impact players. With all these great players like Baker Garrett and Ward on rookie deals. This is the perfect opportunity to go get a guy like OBJ because in 4-5 years you won’t have the ability. That’s when draft picks will be huge. Not because of youth or whatever because of the value of their contracts. Spend now cause you will have to save later. Make sure baker develops now so down the road he helps young WRs develop. But get a stud WR to hell him develop

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker has been lights out as a rookie qb without a stud wr.

We dont get enough internal pressure on the qb and we could do with a tackle. 

Obj doesnt help with anyanyo of that. 

Now imagine giving him a WR that can beat coverages at will. We saw in the first half Vs the Texans when they were playing a tigher defense that the WRs were not doing enough for him. Get a stud WR and knock every other WR don’t a rung and watch them improve. 

You make it sound like the Browns can’t improve anywhere if they trade for OBJ. They still have other draft picks and still have money left over. You get OBJ he allows you to truly turn your focus to building up the defense because the offense would pretty much be set 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Now imagine giving him a WR that can beat coverages at will. We saw in the first half Vs the Texans when they were playing a tigher defense that the WRs were not doing enough for him. Get a stud WR and knock every other WR don’t a rung and watch them improve. 

You make it sound like the Browns can’t improve anywhere if they trade for OBJ. They still have other draft picks and still have money left over. You get OBJ he allows you to truly turn your focus to building up the defense because the offense would pretty much be set 

The problem is that you are wrong.

My ideal

FA DeMarcus lawrence 

Impact wr in the draft

Ot/dl second round

That is better than obj and you cant do both.

You’re not finding a WR at 15 that will impact the passing game like OBJ can, he opens things up so much more,  he is someone that needs a game plan built around as a DC, whether that means rolling the safety over top or double him, you can’t have the safeties crash on Chubb     He is more than capable of beating single coverage or running right past people. And I believe his biggest gripe in NY is that Eli doesn’t throw downfield enough, which baker has shown no issues with

Archived