Tank or Try and Win Out (4-7-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Which One?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Try and win the rest of the games/Try and lose the rest of the games

I think its safe to say Carolina, Philly and Washington fall off (especially with Washington and Carolina losing today).  If true then the wild card race really becomes a 3 team race for 2 spots with the 3 teams being the Vikings, Seahawks, and Packers.  We would need the Seahawks to win tomorrow because we won't catch them.  And really we should hold off until next week to really start thinking of playoffs again....if we beat the Bears in Chicago then we could absolutely win out.  Just need the Vikings to drop 3 games.....@SEA, MIA, @DET, CHI.   It's possible but very unlikely.

45 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I think its safe to say Carolina, Philly and Washington fall off (especially with Washington and Carolina losing today).  If true then the wild card race really becomes a 3 team race for 2 spots with the 3 teams being the Vikings, Seahawks, and Packers.  We would need the Seahawks to win tomorrow because we won't catch them.  And really we should hold off until next week to really start thinking of playoffs again....if we beat the Bears in Chicago then we could absolutely win out.  Just need the Vikings to drop 3 games.....@SEA, MIA, @DET, CHI.   It's possible but very unlikely.

or if the bears drop 3 straight.

Just now, Malfatron said:

or if the bears drop 3 straight.

Bears would have to lose all 4 remaining games for us to pass them.  Though it would be hilarious if going into Week 17 the NFC North sits at:

Bears - 8-7

Vikings - 7-7-1

Packers - 7-7-1

Lions - Who cares

Then the Packers win and the loser of the Vikings/Bears is out of the playoffs. 

From a playoff scenario it's pretty simple. We have to win out and.............

Two of these things have to happen:

Seattle loses 3

Minnesota loses 3

Chicago loses 3 with a tie (not to us) or loses 4.

The 6-7 teams are all going to lose again so they'll be below us. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

From a playoff scenario it's pretty simple. We have to win out and.............

Two of these things have to happen:

Seattle loses 3

Minnesota loses 3

Chicago loses 3 with a tie (not to us) or loses 4.

The 6-7 teams are all going to lose again so they'll be below us. 

Nah, just 1, Bears can win the division and Hawks can get the 1st WC, we just need to catch the Vikings somehow,...

I've honestly already counted the Eagles/Panthers as behind us if we win out.  Panthers aren't beating the Saints twice, and Eagles probably don't get out of LA with a win.

Playoffs come down to us beating the Bears, Jets and Lions and the Vikings losing three out of Seattle, Detroit, Miami, Chicago.

19 minutes ago, Pugger said:

All of this talk is fun but winning in Chicago this coming week is gonna be one huge task.  :/

It's cliche, but this game vs. the Bears should be the Packers Super Bowl.  Making the playoffs looks like an uphill battle, but the opportunity to beat the hotshot Bears in Chicago is right in front of them.  I have a feeling the Packers go up-tempo .. spread 'em out .. and Rodgers does come carving.  

25 minutes ago, snackattack said:

unfortunately, i think i need to route for the vikings tonight.  i just feel like seattle has the tougher schedule / most likely to lose 2 other games this year.

You think Arizona or San Fran are more likely to beat Seattle than Miami or Detroit vs Minnesota?

Archived