Tank or Try and Win Out (4-7-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Which One?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Try and win the rest of the games/Try and lose the rest of the games

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

You have MIN already losing 1 divisional game but you want them to win tonight against SEA?

So you think it's more likely that SEA loses 2 out of 3 against ARI/KC/SF than MIN losing 1 out of 2 against MIA & DET? Just trying to understand your logic here because this is a pretty clear choice for who I want to win tonight. 

Here is how my brain is working on this. I look at the three games each have left after tonight. I am confident that the bears will beat the vikes and the chiefs will beat the seahawks. Then i look at the remaining two games for each. As a general concet, i think divisional games are harder to win than non division games. So i take whoever has less divisional games as the more likley winner. MIA playing at MIN is a big part of my prediction as well. I would feel opposite if they played at MIA

I reserve the right to convince myself otherwise if the seahawks win tonight.

Just now, snackattack said:

Here is how my brain is working on this. I look at the three games each have left after tonight. I am confident that the bears will beat the vikes and the chiefs will beat the seahawks. Then i look at the remaining two games for each. As a general concet, i think divisional games are harder to win than non division games. So i take whoever has less divisional games as the more likley winner. MIA playing at MIN is a big part of my prediction as well. I would feel opposite if they played at MIA

I reserve the right to convince myself otherwise if the seahawks win tonight.

Understood. I don't agree but I can see your logic and if MIN does win I hope you are right. 

If the Bills can blow out MIN at home the Dolphins can beat them. I'd much rather bet against Cousins than Wilson as well, so that is playing into my thinking. 

4 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Understood. I don't agree but I can see your logic and if MIN does win I hope you are right. 

If the Bills can blow out MIN at home the Dolphins can beat them. I'd much rather bet against Cousins than Wilson as well, so that is playing into my thinking. 

i hope MIN loses personally.  just haven't convinced myself they're more likely to lose those other games.

Just now, Malfatron said:

for me, the fun stops when hope is gone

the bears arent special on offense

After watching Mitch last night, I feel more confident that the Packers can win than I did before. The Bears defense played great but Goff was throwing ducks all over the place and they just let the Giants hang 30 on them. 

If our defense shows up we will be in the game. 

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

the bears arent special on offense

Problem is they are on defense.

And we aren't special on anything right now....

We've owned the Bears in Chicago in the past, and it's possible we beat them again. But this is the first time in a while where they are actually pound-for-pound the better team on the field. Even in 2010 when they took the division and we beat in the NFCCG, the Packers were the better team. 

2 hours ago, soup's not a meal said:

If they lose to Miami and we beat CHI we may have something. I'm not sure we can beat CHI right now. No reason to believe last week was anything other than a fluke in this hell hole of a season. At least Miami has momentum.

This is where I'm at.  This weekend could be crazy if the Pack and Dolphins both win.  All of a sudden it's just the Jets/Lions in our way.  If the Lions win this weekend then their match with the Vikings has major playoff potential too.  Week 17 could have the Bears fighting for the 3 seed and the rest of the NFCN fighting for the 6. 

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Me too. I like the Bears game being this week because if we lose I can relax. We need so much help from Minnesota, and I just don't see them losing 2 of their last 3. If we miss the playoffs after winning out that would feel pretty bad. Would make you wonder if we had just moved on 1 week sooner...

All I know is if we lose to the Bears on Sunday, I'm gonna be rooting for the Vikings to make it into the playoffs.  Don't want them getting a good pick in the draft.  If we are ever eliminated from playoff contention, I will root harder for other teams to win than for us to lose. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

All I know is if we lose to the Bears on Sunday, I'm gonna be rooting for the Vikings to make it into the playoffs.  Don't want them getting a good pick in the draft.  If we are ever eliminated from playoff contention, I will root harder for other teams to win than for us to lose. 

not me. the vikings cannot get a ring. i dont care if they get the 32 pick

Archived