Week 14: VIKINGS (6-5-1) at Seahawks (7-5)

swede700

13 hours ago, swede700 said:

4 of the top 5 are injured (Garappolo), on last place teams (Stafford, Carr) or warming the bench (Flacco).   

So you’re saying that giving QBs insane money is a bad idea and doesn’t seem to correlate to success. Agreed. 

5 hours ago, RpMc said:

Let’s be real though... even if that goes through, we aren’t winning the game. 

We may not but I hate that answer. Momentum is a funny thing and if the Vikings score a touchdown there who knows what happens. The Seahawks offense had bogged down a little bit and hadn't had very much success throwing the ball. Teams win games all the time where they struggle  but find a way against teams who settle for field goals. 

15 hours ago, RpMc said:

Let’s be real though... even if that goes through, we aren’t winning the game. 

That doesn't matter.  If you're a professional set of officials, you can't pick that flag up.  That's what I'd expect from a rec league set of officials.  

10 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

So you’re saying that giving QBs insane money is a bad idea and doesn’t seem to correlate to success. Agreed. 

If that's what you take from it, fine.  But, I'll still argue that it's not an insane amount of money, because it's relative to the situation.  Garrappolo's money was insane, because he had proven nothing really at the point it was given to him.  At least Stafford and Carr...and Cousins had track records that warranted the going market rate.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

If that's what you take from it, fine.  But, I'll still argue that it's not an insane amount of money, because it's relative to the situation.  Garrappolo's money was insane, because he had proven nothing really at the point it was given to him.  At least Stafford and Carr...and Cousins had track records that warranted the going market rate.  

Cousins had Andy Dalton's track record. If anyone thinks that warranted the going market rate, let alone fully guaranteed with way out for the team, then I'll have to disagree. He didn't even have Alex Smith's track record. 

7 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Cousins had Andy Dalton's track record. If anyone thinks that warranted the going market rate, let alone fully guaranteed with way out for the team, then I'll have to disagree. He didn't even have Alex Smith's track record. 

You clearly haven't watched Alex Smith. 

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

So you're saying not having a QB because of injury and poor drafting and bad trades is a bad idea? What, exactly, is the alternative if you don't have a QB and are a great team? Just hope a QB falls in the draft? Because you can't get a good QB w/o paying insane money. That's the price of getting one.

15 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

So you're saying not having a QB because of injury and poor drafting and bad trades is a bad idea? What, exactly, is the alternative if you don't have a QB and are a great team? Just hope a QB falls in the draft? Because you can't get a good QB w/o paying insane money. That's the price of getting one.

The only alternative I've seen is probably paying keenum but he's still getting paid quite a bit

A pivotal moment in the Seahawks’ win over the Vikings on Monday night came when Seattle’s Bobby Wagner blocked a field goal with five minutes left in the fourth quarter. One official threw a flag, but after a conference, the referees announced that there was no penalty. Today NFL V.P. of Officiating Al Riveron admitted that there should have been a penalty. In his weekly video, Riveron showed the play and said that Wagner should have been flagged.

Riveron: “In this case, this is a foul. He’s gonna put both hands on a teammate and he’s going to use his teammates to leverage himself to get to the other side. If you use your teammates and/or an opponent to help you to get to the other side to help you block a kick, that is a foul.”

If the penalty had been called, the Vikings would have had first-and-10 at the Seahawks’ 14-yard line, where they very well might have scored a touchdown and taken a 7-6 lead with just a few minutes remaining in the game. It was a costly no-call for Minnesota, and a fortunate bad call for Seattle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/14/al-riveron-admits-bobby-wagner-blocked-field-goal-should-have-been-flagged/

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Yay......

Yeah, the cold clammy hand of Armen Terzian has reached out from the grave and snatched another one away from us.

Trying to think of a game where one of our opponents was gifted a game by the refs.  Only one game against the Lions during Childress's reign comes to mind.  I think the Lions have their own curse.

Archived