Week 14: VIKINGS (6-5-1) at Seahawks (7-5)

swede700

Just now, Cearbhall said:

The Vikings offensive line isn't worth defending at all; they are terrible. However, watching this game it is becoming more obvious that the Vikings RBs aren't doing much to help the offensive line. Seattle RBs are far better at making the first guy miss. The team will need to be looking around to see if they can bring in a starting RB. Cook is maybe average as an NFL starting RB but the team needs more than that. Cook to this point in his career has been terrible value for a second round pick. Teams can invest a lot less than a second round pick to find RBs better than Cook.

I'm hoping that injury recovery is to blame for this, but I tend to agree right now. He has the tools, but can't seem to put them together.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

The Vikings offensive line isn't worth defending at all; they are terrible. However, watching this game it is becoming more obvious that the Vikings RBs aren't doing much to help the offensive line. Seattle RBs are far better at making the first guy miss. The team will need to be looking around to see if they can bring in a starting RB. Cook is maybe average as an NFL starting RB but the team needs more than that. Cook to this point in his career has been terrible value for a second round pick. Teams can invest a lot less than a second round pick to find RBs better than Cook.

But we drafted Elfline in the 3rd round and a tackle in the 2nd round last year! They're totally not ignoring the line!

Just now, Klomp said:

I'm hoping that injury recovery is to blame for this, but I tend to agree right now. He has the tools, but can't seem to put them together.

Agree.

I think there's more to him but I don't know if it's, like you said, just a bunch of injuries piling up and they're taking a psychological toll on him along with a physical toll.

You see the flashes of what he can do but there's times when he gets taken down too easy.

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

But we drafted Elfline in the 3rd round and a tackle in the 2nd round last year! They're totally not ignoring the line!

They're not ignoring it. Doesn't mean it's without blame. But Spielman also shouldn't be criticized for ignoring the position group, because it's flat-out not true.

7 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Once you blow an ACL there’s no guarantee of making it all the way back 

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Wait we are saying cook is average?

hes too 5 in forced missed tackles and look at what he’s done lately in YPC. 

Look at what Derrick Henry has done lately in YPC. He's nothing special.

Archived