Thoughts on ZERO RBs strategy

NcFinest9erFan

11 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Going kicker early is tough though too because the variance in a kicker from year to year. You can almost always pick up a guy in FA mid season also that will be top 5 in scoring. Tucker, for example is the only kicker from last year's top 5 that is still top 5. Meanwhile, I picked up Fairbairn mid-season and he is top 3 in my league right now. There is also a top 10 points kicker available in FA at the moment also in my league. It is underrated to get a K you can trust, but enough people look past it all season that you can usually do this on the fly.

Yeah, I can't advocate going kicker early, particularly since once the bye weeks kick in, you're almost guaranteed to be able to pick up a good one if you're willing to bench their bye weeks. Outside of Tucker (and maybe Gostkowski, who just seems to have a weirdly loyal following), I think every other kicker in my leagues was dropped at some point this year. I actually made a deal for George Kittle where I included Zuerlein because the guy had kicker problems. The thing is, Zuerlein was going on bye the week after, and I was reasonably sure that he would get dropped at that point and I could get him back. Sure enough, he played him for a week, cut him when he was on bye, I picked him up, sat him for the bye, and then put him back in. 

Archived