Packer Vets - Keep or get rid of for 2019 salary cap reasons

coachbuns

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you can't roll with Alexander, King, Jackson, Breeland then this team is royally screwed. Cannot afford to ignore other positions for DB any longer.

Well we might be screwed then.

I doubt there's many good teams with one top 75 CB on their roster.

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you can't roll with Alexander, King, Jackson, Breeland then this team is royally screwed. Cannot afford to ignore other positions for DB any longer.

King has to show me he can stay healthy and on the field for more than 15 games in 2 years.  Can't have a number 1 corner pick being on the field half the time or less.  He has to show me next year he's the real deal!

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This ...  another high pick on a CB would make me cry. A cheap FA for depth would be OK

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

No we're not set at CB...

We have one guy that graded in the top 70 I bet...

I think if we had a pass rush you might really like our DB's.

I wouldn't argue against a guy in the 3rd or 4th round, but if we took a guy high and neglected the pass rush or OL, we're simply going to see more of the same.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That would be asking for trouble 

King has been hurt for much of his career.

Breeland hasn’t played much all year.

Jackson hasn’t played good ball for most of the season. 

Need another vet to pair with them for insurance. 

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Well we might be screwed then.

I doubt there's many good teams with one top 75 CB on their roster.

Breeland when healthy is a top 75 corner, King when healthy is a top 75 corner, Alexander is surely already a top 75 corner and Jackson if he makes a 2nd year jump would be a top 75 corner. Don't see the issue? We can't just roll with 8 top 75 corners in case these guys are hurt. This is the bed we've made, you have to go into next season counting on King.

Or you're going to have no pass rush again, a crumbling offensive line, a DL that's a Kenny Clark injury from being a disaster and no young TEs. The capital needs to be spent at S, pass rush, DL, OL, TE. Don't have the resources to waste on yet another CB, you trust in this group.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, packfanfb said:

I'd rather use that money on a guard or 2nd safety, etc. Gute likes to draft ST players. Add kicker to the list. Letting Crosby go is probably an easiest cut for me out of the group being talked about in this thread. 

Instead of outright cutting Crosby how about we bring in competition this coming summer and have the best man win the job?

On 12/3/2018 at 2:27 PM, PACKRULE said:

Dumping money to dump may be required but no way do we dump Jimmy we just brought him in that would be silly. Taylor is fine and cheap, Spriggs is fine as long as he's on the rook deal still. Tramon i'd even keep for another year he's got value.

Bulaga is tough one i'd flip a coin on him.

I'm afraid Tramon is getting a little long in the tooth.  We need youth and speed at safety this coming offseason.  I'd restructure Bulaga and keep Spriggs on his rookie contract.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:10 PM, skibrett15 said:

Here's what I view as the "core" players.  Everyone else should be considered as expendable and replaceable for cap and/or performance reasons.  There ARE good players left off this list, such as Blake Martinez, and they are intentionally left off because there's a lot of unknown as far as scheme/coach/fit and also unknown as far as trade market for that player if there isn't ideal fit.  To use Martinez as an example... maybe the scheme demands more speed, and you can move Martinez to the jets for a 3rd round pick.  Probably you do that.  These are guys who are "build around" players and transcend scheme:

Kenny Clark

Jaire Alexander

Kevin King

Mike Daniels

------

Rodgers

Bakh

Aaron Jones

Davante Adams

I like the players you want to build around but can King find a way to stay on the field?   :(

Archived