Packer Vets - Keep or get rid of for 2019 salary cap reasons

coachbuns

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Breeland when healthy is a top 75 corner, King when healthy is a top 75 corner, Alexander is surely already a top 75 corner and Jackson if he makes a 2nd year jump would be a top 75 corner. Don't see the issue? We can't just roll with 8 top 75 corners in case these guys are hurt. This is the bed we've made, you have to go into next season counting on King.

Or you're going to have no pass rush again, a crumbling offensive line, a DL that's a Kenny Clark injury from being a disaster and no young TEs. The capital needs to be spent at S, pass rush, DL, OL, TE. Don't have the resources to waste on yet another CB, you trust in this group.

Again, key word is healthy.  A player can't help getting injured but they also aren't worth a darn on the bench "mending".  Numerous corners in the NFL contribute every week for their team without injuries on a weekly basis.  Breeland and especially King have had problems staying on the field which stretches the team pretty thin.  One can only hope these china dolls can stay upright and contribute for next year.  I very much agree enough draft capital has been spent the past few drafts with very concerning results   ... TED.   Packers need to hit on every one of their 6 picks in the first 4 rounds of upcoming draft and spend some free agency dollars wisely.   Hopefully management selects a coach that meshes with the team and get this team back to where it should and we expect it to be.  

On 12/3/2018 at 3:33 PM, Outpost31 said:

Why do you make me yell at you? 

It's not about Crosby, it's about cutting him before you know you have something better. 

IT MAKES NO SENSE NO MATTER HOW ANGRY I GET. 

If you get something better, go ahead.  Cut him.

You shouldn't get so angry at people who have a different opinion than your own.  It's bad for your blood pressure.  Football is supposed to be entertainment, a divergence.  This isn't life or death.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Instead of outright cutting Crosby how about we bring in competition this coming summer and have the best man win the job?

Fair point. Let me put it this way, I'd be looking for anyway possible to move on from his salary so I could spend it elsewhere. If you want to wait until someone is brought in to make sure its not a complete disaster first, no argument there.

8 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Again, key word is healthy.  A player can't help getting injured but they also aren't worth a darn on the bench "mending".  Numerous corners in the NFL contribute every week for their team without injuries on a weekly basis.  Breeland and especially King have had problems staying on the field which stretches the team pretty thin.  One can only hope these china dolls can stay upright and contribute for next year.  I very much agree enough draft capital has been spent the past few drafts with very concerning results   ... TED.   Packers need to hit on every one of their 6 picks in the first 4 rounds of upcoming draft and spend some free agency dollars wisely.   Hopefully management selects a coach that meshes with the team and get this team back to where it should and we expect it to be.  

If we hit on our first 6 picks in 2019 we will have another dynasty in the making.

9 hours ago, coachbuns said:

The likelyhood of hitting on the first six picks is next to 0. Gotta hit on the premium pick. That’s the big one 

Funny how 10 years ago we were in a similar situation,  we had a losing season in 08 giving us the ammo to land two game changers on defense in the 09 draft,  one of my favorite draft classes. Can that happen 10 years later?  Remains to be seen.

4 hours ago, St Vince said:

Funny how 10 years ago we were in a similar situation,  we had a losing season in 08 giving us the ammo to land two game changers on defense in the 09 draft,  one of my favorite draft classes. Can that happen 10 years later?  Remains to be seen.

Funny thing is we could go DT around the 8th or 9th pick, and EDGE around the 25-32 range like Raji and Clay.

Archived