Rd 1: OT
Rd 2: LB
Rd 3: DE
Rd 4: TE
Rd 5: QB
Rd 6a: LB
Rd 6b: DB Athlete
Rd 7: WR Athlete

Throw in 3 more 6th cound comp picks too.

I think I'd go

LB

OT

LB

TE/WR

WR/TE

OT

Then grab interior line depth for both sides of the ball

11: R1P11

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
42: R2P10

DALTON RISNER
KANSAS STATE
72: R3P8

LB GERMAINE PRATT
NORTH CAROLINA ST
110: R4P8

LB VOSEAN JOSEPH
FLORIDA
150: R5P11

TE ALIZE MACK
NOTRE DAME
185: R6P10

QB SHEA PATTERSON
MICHIGAN
199: R6P24

TE ZACH GENTRY
MICHIGAN
212: R6P37

DL JONATHAN LEDBETTER
GEORGIA
214: R6P39

BOBBY EVANS
OKLAHOMA
216: R6P41

CB JAMEL DEAN
AUBURN
225: R7P9

EDGE JABARI ZUNIGA
FLORIDA

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I want two because our depth is horrible. 

Sure. I mean vinny rey is over, nickerson  should not be in the league and Tez may never play again. Just how much do you get  from the depth on backer?  It should be mostly kick coverage. 

I’m keeping a shred of hope that the new head coach will be flexible with Andy and maybe use a high pick on a rookie qb. Saying that let’s now suppose the new coach gave Mikey a promise that Andy would be his guy for at least a couple of years moving forward. If that is the case doesn’t Mikey HAVE TO at least entertain the idea of trading for AB? If Andy is staying put with the full confidence of the FO wouldn’t the best move for the team be to see if pittsburg would give him up for the 11th overall pick? Cap space shouldn’t be an issue but adding AB would maybe attract other non-scrub free agents too.

17 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

As bad as our linebackers are,  I really think we don't need more than one early. Defense rarely had more than two out there at any given time. We need one really good one and should get that in the first two rounds. 

Our LBs were horrible.  Even if we only use two on the field many times, doesn't logic dictate that we take 2 relatively high, so that they can contribute?  That's been my thought process for awhile now.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, Futbudds said:

I’m keeping a shred of hope that the new head coach will be flexible with Andy and maybe use a high pick on a rookie qb. Saying that let’s now suppose the new coach gave Mikey a promise that Andy would be his guy for at least a couple of years moving forward. If that is the case doesn’t Mikey HAVE TO at least entertain the idea of trading for AB? If Andy is staying put with the full confidence of the FO wouldn’t the best move for the team be to see if pittsburg would give him up for the 11th overall pick? Cap space shouldn’t be an issue but adding AB would maybe attract other non-scrub free agents too.

If AB can't be happy with ben and playing along side juju, how could he possibly be happy playing alongside AJ and catching far fewer balls from Andy. 

That would be very bad. 

23 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Our LBs were horrible.  Even if we only use two on the field many times, doesn't logic dictate that we take 2 relatively high, so that they can contribute?  That's been my thought process for awhile now.

We need help in more than one area. Doubling down on one position neglects another. I'd rather grab the best corner, defensive lineman, or receiver available. Frankly, I want to go BPA as often as we can.

The top two defenses in the NFL (Bears and Ravens) were just eliminated.  Also, the Chargers just beat the Ravens while having their safeties play LB.  Their MLB played like 1 snap.

Another thing to point out the Eagles during their 4 game win streak have held Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, and now Khalil Mack to zero sacks and 3 QB hits.  While I'm ok addressing LB, I still don't think it's as high a priority as OL or DL...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

The top two defenses in the NFL (Bears and Ravens) were just eliminated.  Also, the Chargers just beat the Ravens while having their safeties play LB.  Their MLB played like 1 snap.

Another thing to point out the Eagles during their 4 game win streak have held Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, and now Khalil Mack to zero sacks and 3 QB hits.  While I'm ok addressing LB, I still don't think it's as high a priority as OL or DL...

The "Trench Guy" Villain112

Archived