Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buckweath

Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald?

Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (this season)?  

76 members have voted

  1. 1. Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (this season)?

    • Aaron Donald
      21
    • JJ Watt
      55


Recommended Posts

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yes. He's at 12 effing games and has one less sack.

LOL.

Wasn't aware sacks are the only criteria. Of course he is also on pace to be behind in TFL which I guess aren't as good as sacks for...reasons. He'll be no where close in PDs. He'll have some more FF and likely have faced a higher double team percentage. Like I said pros and cons for both, with seasons on par with each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Wasn't aware sacks are the only criteria. Of course he is also on pace to be behind in TFL which I guess aren't as good as sacks for...reasons. He'll be no where close in PDs. He'll have some more FF and likely have faced a higher double team percentage. Like I said pros and cons for both, with seasons on par with each other.

Donald is putting up a historic season from the interior DL while being doubled on roughly 70% of his snaps. Let's stop underselling that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Donald is putting up a historic season from the interior DL while being doubled on roughly 70% of his snaps. Let's stop underselling that.

Not underselling anything. Watt's 2015 was pretty freaking great you know. You're underselling Watt's season if you think it is so ridiculous to say they are on par.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's ignore the goose egg he's put up so far this game and assume he'll be back on track in the second half

Donald is on pace for 26 tackles for loss. He's on pace for 22 sacks. He's on pace for 1 PD. That's 48 negative plays for the offense.

Watt had 29 tackles for loss, 17.5 sacks, and 8 PDs. That's 55 negative plays for the offense.

 

You give Donald something for his extra forced fumbles and that might put him ahead, but to pretend like it isn't a legitimate debate is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pwny said:

Let's ignore the goose egg he's put up so far this game and assume he'll be back on track in the second half

Donald is on pace for 26 tackles for loss. He's on pace for 22 sacks. He's on pace for 1 PD. That's 48 negative plays for the offense.

Watt had 29 tackles for loss, 17.5 sacks, and 8 PDs. That's 55 negative plays for the offense.

 

You give Donald something for his extra forced fumbles and that might put him ahead, but to pretend like it isn't a legitimate debate is laughable.

Updating these

Donald is on pace for 24 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, and 1 PD. Now sitting at a projected 45 negative plays.

Don't see why it's laughable to say those two seasons could be ranked either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pwny said:

Who said it did? I was dubunking your stupid claim that only a Watt fanboy could think he was that great. Try not to move the goalpost too far. 

You missed the original point why you are trying to cherry pick but, K.......

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×