Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald?

Buckweath

Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (this season)?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (this season)?

• Aaron Donald
    • JJ Watt

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Is it blasphemy to say I’d love either on my teams defense? I don’t get the fascination with arguing which of two great players is the greatest.

It's the internet. Everyone needs to prove everyone else wrong.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Too bad Watt had the injuries but thats what happens in a collision sport. Donald is tops right now, but lets see if Watt gets closer to what he was before injuries

Edited by 3rivers

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Watt for now. Donald's season last year was the best of them all but before that it was easily Watt. Need to see more from Donald.

It's obvious I would do this... but I'd say that Watt's 2014 season was better than Donald's season last year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Too bad Watt will never be the same player while Donald is trending up.. Rest in Pepperoni Watts back. 

Hard to do but Watt had 16 sacks and 7 FF last season. So in his first full season back he was arguably the 2nd best DL in football. Not bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Too bad Watt will never be the same player while Donald is trending up.. Rest in Pepperoni Watts back. 

Classy.

Too bad you blew your best chance at a Superbowl. Rest in peace LA's salary cap :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Pretty sure Donald's best seasons are better than Watt's (save for one). I'll take Donald every time.

No, not at all - completely opposite, in fact. Watt's 2012 and 2015 were on par with with Donald's best season, and those are #2 and #3 in Watt's career to date.

In fact... save for Donald last season, Watt's worst full season as a pro (10.5 sacks in 2013) is about what Donald was trending at for his career. Last season is the outlier for Donald that pushes him into the conversation, the rest of his career is "mortal" Watt level at best. Hell, "post back injury" Watt's season is better than everything Donald did before Donald's 2018 season.

Career wise, it's no contest. Donald's career has been elite, Watt's career has been transcendent.

• Like 4