Anquan Boldin Retires

bigbadbuff23835

16 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This is the most Bills thing imaginable. I hate everything.

I mean this has happened with other recievers before. Reggie Wayne retired a couple weeks after signing with the Patriots. 

Its just a **** move by Boldin. Im guessing we will be waiting for cuts and see who is available. As of now our top 3 is Zay, Matthews, and Holmes. Not ideal but im sure there will be a suprise cut coming shortly.

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I mean this has happened with other recievers before. Reggie Wayne retired a couple weeks after signing with the Patriots. 

Its just a **** move by Boldin. Im guessing we will be waiting for cuts and see who is available. As of now our top 3 is Zay, Matthews, and Holmes. Not ideal but im sure there will be a suprise cut coming shortly.

Yeah but I think is a bit different since we were seriously counting on him to contribute. I think we'll find someone after cuts or maybe even trade but it still sucks. 

10 hours ago, stallyns said:

We'll trade you Phillip Dorsett for... uhm .. what you got? 

Honestly this could be an option. I know he's fast - but that's about it. Is he a good fit for what we need? We have a bunch of slot/possession WRs and fringe guys.

Despite how I dislike the idea of it... Reggie Ragland is on the outside looking in. Both could use a change.

I literally facepalmed when I got the notification for this earlier, it's just the most Bills thing to happen in a while, but hey we have to respect his decision. It appears as if it's actually the end of a career and we won't be seeing him take the field again, so while it sucks now, let's celebrate his career and hope he taught some of our young guys some useful information in the few weeks he was with the team.

4 hours ago, QuinneyluvsNFL said:

I literally facepalmed when I got the notification for this earlier, it's just the most Bills thing to happen in a while, but hey we have to respect his decision. It appears as if it's actually the end of a career and we won't be seeing him take the field again, so while it sucks now, let's celebrate his career and hope he taught some of our young guys some useful information in the few weeks he was with the team.

Yeah my initial reaction to reading the news was "typical". This season is going to tell us a lot about McDermott and the players on this team. I don't mean in terms of wins but just motivation and playing hard through what will most likely be a tough season.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah my initial reaction to reading the news was "typical". This season is going to tell us a lot about McDermott and the players on this team. I don't mean in terms of wins but just motivation and playing hard through what will most likely be a tough season.

My thought was, "He's old, so...yeah." Truth is, even with Sammy I was thinking 6 wins. With Boldin, I still thought 6 wins. Now? Still no change. Just don't think 1 receiver is enough to significantly change our fortunes for better or worse at this point.

Archived