Week 14 Atlanta @ Green Bay "I Believe"

skibrett15

2 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

so we just destroyed our own tank didnt we.  Welp, the results went our way today, and hope they continue to.....might as well fight this thing out.

Not necessarily.  With the right circumstances, we're right back to picking 8th.  Next week, the Packers face the Bears which is probably a loss givne the Bears are competing for a division title and the Packers aren't.  Tampa Bay goes to Baltimore, NY Giants are facing Tennessee, Detroit travels to Buffalo, and Cincinnati gets to face Oakland.  The Ravens are playing really well right now, so I'm not expecting Tampa Bay to pull the win there.  The Giants are playing well right now, and I think they're going to be able to pull out a win.  Detroit is a toss-up against Buffalo, but I'd think that Detroit can squeak that one out.  And Cincinnati is reeling after starting the season 5-3, but they're facing Oakland at home.  A decent chance they can get another win.  They're probably sitting 9th after next week.

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I did notice the fact that we werent doing our usual "snap the ball with 1 second on the play clock" routine. Also didnt waste any timeouts in the first half because we couldn't get the play in....although Philbin helped that because we had one timeout left 2 mins into the game lol.

Just now, packfanfb said:

I did notice the fact that we werent doing our usual "snap the ball with 1 second on the play clock" routine. Also didnt wast any timeouts in the first half because we couldn't get the play in....although Philbin helped that because we had one timeout left 2 mins into the game lol.

I'm not buying what Aaron is saying at first glance. Would like to see average time team broke huddle today compared to MM game. I suspect it's probably not much different.

That leaves the guy calling the cadence as a huge variable in this.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not buying what Aaron is saying at first glance. Would like to see average time team broke huddle today compared to MM game. I suspect it's probably not much different.

That leaves the guy calling the cadence as a huge variable in this.

Eh wouldn't surprise me if Philbin cut the sheet in half. Having a call sheet like Mac for a 1st time play caller would probably be intimidating. Less choices probably equal quicker play call. Overall the offense didn't do anything to wow me. It was better, but I came away far more impressed with the defense. Pettine continues to do great work. Absolutely need him back.

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh wouldn't surprise me if Philbin cut the sheet in half. Having a call sheet like Mac for a 1st time play caller would probably be intimidating. Less choices probably equal quicker play call. Overall the offense didn't do anything to wow me. It was better, but I came away far more impressed with the defense. Pettine continues to do great work. Absolutely need him back.

Yup. Basically three scores all day, one drive courtesy the refs, the other two were pretty much garbage time. I don't care that the Falcons have been looking pretty poor right now, that's still a QB/WR combo that has regularly torched us in the past. Imagine what he could get out of this defense with just half the injured guys healthy!

I would have liked to see the tank in full-swing than win these meaningless games (we're not making the playoffs, guys; lay off the Kool Aid), but seeing Rodgers & Co. happy again really brightened my day. :)

Aaron played better today.  One series he resorted (regressed) to sandlot football.  Results predictable 3 and out.   The rest of the time he played within the offense.  His demeanor was much improved as well.  Couple of turnovers on D was nice to see.   A complete team win about damn time.  Chicago is next and they will be tough to beat at home.

7/13 on 3rd down. Big departure from the McCarthy tenure. Hope it continues:

Green Bay's defense contributed a touchdown and their offense steamrolled Atlanta’s 26th ranked defense for 27 points. The offense’s biggest yet to success was fixing their issues on 3rd down. The Packers certainly did on Sunday going 7 for 13 on 3rd down, converting for over 50% for just the 2nd time this season.

“Seven for thirteen, what's the percentage on that Tom (Fanning)? Yeah, a little over 50. That was the key,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “We did it in different ways. I think we hit like a 3rd and close to 15 there to Davante (Adams). We had some 3rd and medium and 3rd and 2 or 3 in the first drive that got things going.”

On 12/9/2018 at 7:14 PM, Packerraymond said:

Concur on both fronts.

Also noted: The beat reporters busted on Philbin for not covering his mouth with his playsheet when he calls the plays....
....that's how all of the other reindeer do it.

( I recently saw that McVay uses a blank page covering the back of his playsheet to keep it from prying eyes and cameras )

Archived